Main accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the Analysis of the On-board system requirements to the defining of the On-board architecture of the On-board signalling subsystems.
- Contribute to the Design of interfaces of On-board Train Protection and Control Systems into both new trains and inventory fleets for customers meeting their standards and assurance requirements.
- Contribute to the Design of the mechanical and functional interfaces of On-board Signalling and Communication equipment.
- Contribute to Ensure approved Engineering practices and processes throughout the Project Lifecycle are compiled in the design of On-board signalling and communication subsystems.
- Contribute to Guarantee the delivery of On-board Functional designs (HW, SW, functional and configuration design & production check) of on-board signalling subsystems to required outcomes, quality, cost and schedule.
- Contribute to Produce functional design documentation including system requirements and architecture, interface control, electrical and mechanical design and analysis as appropriate of On-board signalling subsystems.
- Contribute to Ensure design compliance through requirement traceability of On-board signalling subsystems.
- Contribute to Ensure the On-board signalling subsystems HW and Functional documents produced are issued and controlled in accordance with company processes.
- Participating in reviews to detect design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and putting in place corrective and improvement actions related to design of On-board signalling subsystems.
- Contribute to the functional analysis of V&V feedback and site tests and /or support documentation for use of the project teams, customers and other stake holders related to design of ETCS On-board signalling subsystems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechatronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Or
- Those who are qualified or has qualifications for eligibility as corporate member of Engineers Australia will be preferred