For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Oversees the engagement from proposal to delivery and signoff with the Customer.
• Attends sales calls to assist with scope definition, resource requirements, methodology questions, PMO value discussions, and SOW review/negotiation.
• Develops Statement Of Work (SOW) with the support of technical expertise from Practice Principals and Principal Consultants. Manages any subsequent changes to SOW throughout the process.
• Responsible directly or through a delegated project manager for requesting the required resources from Global Delivery to deliver the engagement, including confirming the resources staffing approach, specific skill requirements and timelines.
• May act as Project Manager on smaller projects; including owning and driving internal project kick-off, external/customer project kick-off, monitor and control of status meetings, reports and escalations as required.
• Ensures compliance with Project Management Methodology and ensures relevant processes followed for project change requests.
• Provides input to relevent forecasts as per company processes.
• Works with the relevant Services professionals to remove roadblocks to successful project execution.
• Ensures delivery meets Statement of Work (SOW) and contract specifications according to scope and budget expectations.
• Directs and steers advisory meetings as required for key client engagements.
• Responsible for financial, quality and satisfaction results in the assigned Practice/s within region or geography.
• Understands and provides mentorship for managing project budgets, revenue and gross profit targets.
• Monitors risk, budget (time & expenses), schedule, and profitability for all projects and engagements assigned. EM acts as virtual engagement team lead to:
o Provide effective and timely feedback on performance to individuals, as well as their managers in areas of strengths and development/training opportunities.
o Build a culture of empowerment and accountability where team members are encouraged to succeed and failures are acknowlegded as learning opportunities.
o Recommend ways to recognize great performance.
o Drive a culture of continuous improvement and lead by example by consistently identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Provides quarterly financial forecast for expected revenue based on anticipated project completion.
• Builds effective and influential relationships with key stakeholders and Customers where you are seen as a trusted advisor so as to position Hitachi with a competitive advantage.
• Builds effective internal relationships with key stakeholders including Practice Principals and Sales Account teams, solicit feedback to drive improvements, manage expectations on delivery, promptly and proactively escalate risks or issues to project delivery or customer satisfaction.
• Liases with the Customer Success organisation to provide relevent input during and after project completion.
Qualifications (The minimum qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job, described are education, experience, competencies which including K.S.A (knowledge, skills and abilities), attributes):
• 8+ years project management leadership experience in an IT consulting service provider environment.
• Program management experience (i.e., able to manage a portfolio of projects concurrently).
• Proposal and/or Statement of Work development experience.
• IT certifications (e.g., CMM, Six Sigma, ITIL, SCRUM) preferred.
• PMI certification preferred.
• Vertical-specific expertise required.
• Business or similar degree qualification preferred.
• Ability to design and deliver quality presentations to customers and stakeholders, including the management team.
• Problem solving capabilities, strong analytical skills, flexible and able to handle multiple initiatives concurrently.
• In depth knowledge of industry standard project management methodology
• Excellent ability to manage competing business pressures effectively.
• Be an accomplished communicator and influencer, able to work with customers, users, senior level management, sales and peers.
• Demonstrates business credibility when exposed to Customer's executives (possibly gained in one or more vertical industry segments).
• Possess the ability to resolve issues, conflicts, and take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
• Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.