Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara seeks a passionate and talented Senior Application Security Analyst to join our Enterprise Security team and partner with Hitachi Vantara business groups to best understand the organization's needs and how they relate to our global information security posture. In this role you will report to the Director, Security Architecture and will lead the technical scoping of security testing activities and execute application security analysis against Hitachi Vantara applications, services and/or infrastructure. What you'll be doing
You will be working very closely with the IT and product teams to assess our security, make recommendations, and suggest solutions. The individual will be responsible for uncovering security flaws in a diverse set of technologies. As part of that role, the individual will communicate observations to the Enterprise Security and IT Application Owners, endeavor to meet Engineers' expected outcomes, and ensure the timely delivery of project milestones.
The right individual will have the opportunity to guide our IT' long-term security strategy and contribute to the overall growth and maturity of Hitachi Vantara applications. The candidate will act independently, as well as collaboratively with engineers, peers, partners, and managers from IT and multiple organizations to ensure technical excellence and satisfaction.
What you bring to the team
- Reviewing and pretesting applications, services, and products developed by in-house development teams.
- Advising dev teams on best practices, remediation, and triage of vulnerabilities.
- Conducting threat models and architecture reviews.
- Performing security reviews of all applications integrated into Okta tenant (SAML and OIDC).
- Conduct testing across Hitachi Vantara IT applications (Web/Thick client/Mobile/API) hosted on-premises and on public cloud environment (Azure and AWS) and/or infrastructure.
- Serve as the security SME for IT Applications penetration testing.
- Conduct vulnerability research and utilize off-the-shelf exploits.
- Be a master of identifying security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Engage at all point of Software Engineering project to ensure Security controls and proper risk management practices are implemented including secure coding, code review, code application scanning as part of the quality process.
- Lead root cause analysis processes based on information about the engineering groups processes, technology, and maturity.
- Lead cross functional project calls and planning sessions.
- Minimum 5 years of application security test including a fair degree of security engineering knowledge
- Experience with security testing tools (Burp suite, Appscan, WebInspector, SQLMAP, Kali, etc.)
- Experience with securing public cloud deployments and distributed systems using public cloud hosting, including AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.
- In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication, authorization and RBAC.
- Kubernetes knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Experience with implementing common security frameworks and controls in highly automated environments, especially in CI/CD environments.
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication and key exchange) strategies.
- An ability to script or customize attack code as needed is a plus
- Ideally an industry recognized certification: AWS Security, Azure Security, OSCP, OSCE or alternative.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge