Meet our Team Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We have an opportunity for a DevOps Engineer/Consultant to join our Technology Solutions practice, as part of our Nearshore Delivery Centre in Lisbon. We work with clients across many industry sectors. You will be working as part of an Agile project delivery team, with the latest technologies, on high profile client engagements helping to deliver and maintain complex solutions. We are looking for someone with experience defining CI/CD pipeline/automation of enterprise applications using Azure cloud, Docker, K8, Terraform etc. What you'll be doing:
What you bring to the team:
- Conduct requirements analysis, balance different requirements and make technical trade off decisions at application level (e.g. component design).
- Lead exciting end-to-end projects of certain complexity and ensure Service Level Agreements are successfully delivered. Define and develop solutions to technical problems that arise.
- Use your expertise to input into reengineering and design.
- Act as a subject matter expert for focus areas across the technology space.
- Establish coding standards for the team, ensure the high code quality.
- Actively look for the latest tools and technologies within or outside company.
- Actively learn and help implementing the new industry standards related to products, people, and processes.
- Identify the inefficiencies in the process and help the team to improve them to maximize the team's performance.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on managing project milestones, short term, and long-term planning etc.
- Help identifying the dependencies, risks, and bottlenecks in the projects proactively.
- Work actively with the Engineering Manager to resolve them.
- Full life-cycle project experience / Experience on agile software development process.
- Hands on experience of cloud based development (Azure preferred or other cloud provides)
- Exposure to integration technologies
- Strong understanding of Network protocols (IP) and Microsoft operating systems
- A passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate using the latest technologies
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills including knowledge of data structure and algorithms.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using, Docker, GitLab.
- Like to collaborate within engineering and beyond.
- Must have experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible or Octopus
- Experience with Kubernetes and other container management solutions.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge