Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to be a part of, the Enterprise Data Platform team. The Enterprise Data Platform team is responsible for the data lake that powers a lot of the analytics at Hitachi Vantara. The Senior Data Engineer will be building and testing data pipeline architectures within the AWS cloud environments, as well as identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
For this role, the Senior Data Engineer will be highly focused on working on data ingestion, extracting data from different sources, and making it available for analytics and reporting, using Python and other tools. This role will require working with a combination of new initiatives and development, as well as supporting current production systems built by the team. An important part of this role will be to provide the team guidance on best practices while developing code in Python for AWS cloud services. In addition, the Senior Data Engineer will look at constantly improving the code and infrastructure in line with industry best practices. If you enjoy working within data and cloud environments, apply today! What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Build, test, maintain data pipeline architecture in the AWS cloud environment.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based big data technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Working knowledge of REST and implementation patterns pertaining to Data and Analytics.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data stores (Kafka, Kinesis, Storm) and ETL orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Working on cloud-based big data automation and orchestration solution AWS/Azure DevOps - CI/CD.
- 6+ years of progressive IT experience within data engineering or BI.
- 5+ years of programming experience with Python, Spark, and SQL.
- 5+ years of AWS experience with services like S3, Athena, Glue/Streamsets, Redshift/RDS, Lambda, Batch, or Airflow (MWAA).
- 5+ years of Data ingestion/Extraction experience in extracting data from different sources (On-Prem/Cloud), different data types (structured/semi structured/unstructured) using APIs/Lambda/Ingestion tools.
Nice to Have Requirements:
- Experience in ETL, Data Warehousing & hands on experience on reporting tools i.e. Power B.
- Understand and implement practices to comply with PHI, GDPR and other emerging data privacy initiatives.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods.
- Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and schema-on-read methodologies. Preference for deep understanding of Spark, Databricks and Delta Lake, and applying them to solve data science and machine learning business problems.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit