Meet the Team
The Level 1 Service Desk Technician's role is to provide professional, courteous, and effective technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues. This position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico.What You Will Be Doing
• Take ownership of all tickets routed to them from internal contact sources or customers which require a higher level of technical analysis and will work these tickets to resolution with end user through call medium of support or route to the appropriate resolution Group.
• Handles problems and issues that users are unable to resolve.
• Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process.
• Interact with several support teams to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
• Communicating with the Shift Lead and/or direct leadership chain on intra-day issues, team projects and needs, escalations, and performance trending.
• Keep up to date knowledge on continuous enhancements to IT, tools, and processes within the internal knowledge base.
• Assists the Shift Leader in developing and implementing SLA performance improvement / enhancement plans.
• Build relationship/trust with all associates so that they are comfortable approaching them for resolution of customer issues.
• Resolve Tickets within scope of responsibilities according to defined procedures
• During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool, including initial interaction, triage, escalation, and status updates as requested.
• Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated as per process & every effort is made to meet service levels
• Present a positive, effective, and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives.
• Pro-activeness and technical appetite to explore and obtain solutions for unknown issues.
• Other duties as needed. What You Will Bring to the Team:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another related field
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems; including Windows 10 and OS X.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange Management Console, SCCM, MobileIron, Citrix XenDesktop Cisco VPN/Remote Connectivity, etc.
• Working knowledge of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
• Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to retain information and training quickly.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Must be open to feedback.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Punctual and reliable.
• 40-hour on-site work week.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge