The Hitachi Vantara Global Support Centre (GSC) team is responsible for the seamless provision of 24x7x365 customer support services and is focused on ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and advocacy, alongside orchestrating Hitachi Vantara Engineering, Escalation Management and other support and service partner teams to effectively manage service cases through to successful conclusion.
The role is based in a Hitachi Vantara Office in EMEA (UK, France or Germany). What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Providing second level (escalation) technical support to global support teams for the Hitachi HCP product suite
- Providing overall global technical leadership and assisting in defining technical direction within the HCP Practice
- Assisting in the resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software issues, configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries, focusing on the most complex technical problems
- Collaborating with with internal and external customers, peers, and leaders in a high volume / high pressure environment
- Utilizing a variety of tools to ensure ownership and coordination of escalations; enabling consistent, high-quality resolution of issues and adherence to documented processes, in a timely fashion
- Creating additional support materials where appropriate, such as when owned escalations are concluded (e.g., lessons learnt, new product defects highlighted, undocumented processes), or new product features released
- Collaborating with HCP Engineering teams and Product Support to resolve in-depth technical issues via escalations and ensure product enhancement requests are tracked appropriately
- Participating in 24x7x365 support, with weekend and public holiday shifts, standby and / or on-call
- An aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills in English
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
- A positive self-starter, able to take direction, and work within a team environment
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge