Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Job purpose
Hitachi Vantara GDDC (Global Development and Delivery Center) provides remote managed storage solutions to client based storage architectures. The GDDC is part of a wider Global Delivery (GD) team which also includes Storage and engineering teams for GD products and services.
Reporting to the GDDC Service Delivery Manager, this individual will provide first line Storage provisioning and Incident Management in accordance with customer procedures and contracts. The Candidate is a team player, a motivator and a problem solver, able to analyse complex problems and form workable solutions. Responsibilities
• Administration of the storage infrastructure
• Work according to predefined ITIL processes especially Incident & Change Management
• Planning and executing SAN-/Storage-related changes/tasks
• Documentation of environment specific processes
• Execute storage LUN Allocation, extensions & De-Allocation
• Hitachi Management products including HiCommand Suite(HCS), OpsCenter, and Tuning Manager
• Administration of storage replication
• Performance analysis and troubleshooting using Tuning Manager
• Process incident-tickets according to defined SLAs
• Troubleshooting of issues related to SAN/storage
• Communicate and work with L3 Operational team and Customer to address or resolve issues
• Trigger required escalation following predefined escalation matrix
• Support and assist with hardware enhancement / hardware maintenance work by following Incident/Change Management Process
• Must be willing to work 12-hour rotational shift Qualifications
• At least Bachelor's degree (preferred in IT or related field)
• Experience within complex IT environments preferably in storage management
• Hitachi Vantara Certification for both file and block preferred
• Cisco Certification CCNA preferred
• ITIL Certified and well versed with ITIL processes preferred.
• Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills in English
• Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
• Positive self-starter, able to take direction, and work within a team environment
• Aptitude and eagerness to learn and support new products and systems Technical Knowledge
Skills in one or more of the following areas are added advantage:
• Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi/HPE/NetAPP/EMC)
• Fibre Channel Solutions (Cisco/Brocade)
• Network Attached Storage Personal Skills
• Strong influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and drives issues to resolution
• Confident and self-reliant, but able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives
• Organized and adaptable; clear thinker with a tolerance for ambiguity
• Willingness to accept responsibility and take ownership when required due to circumstances presented
• Natural problem solver
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop, and maintain, good working relationships at all levels
• Concise written and oral communication skills, able to provide feedback in a positive and constructive manner able to operate effectively in a demanding environment.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.