Meet our Team
SHORT INTRO TO THE TEAM - SAMPLE BELOW
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you bring to the team Responsibilities:
- Install and maintain Oracle WebLogic servers and software, develop scripts and establish configuration standards, work with Oracle DBA's on system setup.
- Act as primary contact for WebLogic related issues and provide basic training to other staff as required.
- Maintain and document revisions to Oracle WebLogic systems, including responses to system outages, to report on all aspects of system operations.
- Able to assist with hardware capacity planning, testing and system migrations.
- Assist with responses to security exploitations and compromises as required
- Implement Web standards and processes around various data center activities to measure performance, capability, capacity, etc.
- Gather statistics to assist in hardware requirements and network bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability while providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Work closely with other technology teams as required to prioritize activities and ensure compliance to corporate and legal policies
- Provide on-call support as required.
Business / Other Requirements:
- 5 - 7 years technical production and implementation support on Oracle WebLogic Admin
- Strong experience in Oracle WebLogic Architecture and Admin tasks (5+ years)
- Strong knowledge of Linux (including clusters) OS (5+ years)
- experience of working in a high available clustered environment.
- Oracle WebLogic Admin experience supporting applications
- experience working with deployment tools like WLST script, console deployment etc.
- experience with scripting like Shell, Perl, Python etc.
- experience in patching and upgrading the environments
- 3-5 years Oracle (Applications, Server, and Database) experience
- 3-5 years of maintaining Oracle HTTP servers
- Significant experience in establishing, running, and supporting a highly available, redundant server environment
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery activities
- Experience with enterprise monitoring suites like Oracle Enterprise Monitoring, Dynatrace, SolarWinds is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in OEM administration, agent troubleshooting, scheduling jobs etc.
- Must be able to understand business requirements, strategies and processes and understand the implication to system operations
- Must be able to work with third party vendors, contracts
- Must have advanced problem-solving skills
Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be self-motivated, able to plan work effort and manage to the project schedule and priorities
- Must be flexible, adaptable, & available for support during non-standard hours
- Must be able to proactively address issues
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge