As an Industrial Skilled Trades Instructor for our North America based facilities, you will develop and maintain training programs for our skilled trades team members. You will collaborate with internal teams to establish best practices for a variety of training delivery methods.
What You’ll Do:
- Skilled trades instructor for all JR North America locations
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps and ensure compliance with professional standards, requirements of business and industry
- Maintain and develop high hazard industry trainings. (Crane, Rigging, Forklift, Aerial, Fall Protection)
- Partner with internal stakeholders regarding employee training needs; Considered a strategic partner in the company
- Be the subject matter expert on adult learning in the workplace
- Organize, develop, or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding instructional design
- Develop training aids such as manuals, hands on devices, aids, and handbooks
- Inform employees about training options
- Present training programs using recognized training techniques and tools
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Track and report on training outcomes and keep leading metrics up to date.
- Provide feedback to program participants and management
- Evaluate and make recommendations on training material and methodology
- Maintain employee training records, using online Learning Management Systems
- Handle logistics for in-house training activities including venues and equipment
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training suppliers, educational tech centers, and colleges.
- Pursue and obtain government incentives to fund skill development.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Key areas of focus: machining, fabrication, machine build, electrical and logistics
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Journeyman license / journeyman level knowledge in specific trade and/or 3-5 years of field experience within skilled trades or experience teaching with a passion for skilled trades.
- Strong safety awareness
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, terminology, tools, and equipment used in each trade
- Good understanding of various teaching methodologies and tools including competency assessment and adult learning
Skills You’ll Have:
- Ability to cater to different learning needs and competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with an E-learning software and strong technology skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Travel up to 40% between JR Automation facilities (Utah, South Carolina, Nashville, and Michigan)
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!