POSITION TITLE: Escalation Engineer
DEPARTMENT NAME: Product Support
REPORTING TO TITLE: Assistant Manager, Product Support
WORK LOCATION: Customer Site, Arizona
HTA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new hires will be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to their start date and will need to receive the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine on or before January 4, 2022, or no later than two weeks prior to their start date with HTA, unless they request and receive a medical or religious accommodation.
An Escalation Engineer provides second-level technical support to customers as well as internal FSEs, EICs, and AICs. Significant experience and advanced technical skills must be applied to achieve the resolution of complex problems in a timely manner. Documentation of potential root-cause models, as well as targeted investigation and resolution action planning, must be performed autonomously as well as in team environments. An Escalation Engineer must have a solid working knowledge of vacuum technology, RF, electronics, mechanical/robotics, and associated control systems. Mastery of general test equipment and data acquisition systems is expected.
An Escalation Engineer performs a detailed analysis of complex equipment IE/E3 data logs, equipment run logs, wafer correction logs, etc. In-depth knowledge of equipment operation and process influences is necessary to achieve success.
An Escalation Engineer provides support for document generation and review of maintenance procedures, engineering bulletins, safety notices, part purchase specifications, quality documents, and other technical documents.
An Escalation Engineer also provides support for global-source parts, supply chain operations, parts import/export classification, machine-down parts fulfillment, new parts evaluation, quality inspection, failure analysis, and more.
- Provide failure model assessment, technical support, direction, and planning for equipment escalations.
- Generate, update, and refine escalation action plans and root-cause models.
- Travel on short notice to domestic and international locations as needed to provide on-site support for equipment escalations.
- Maintain a high level of equipment knowledge via training, hands-on exposure, site visits, escalation support, documentation, and other available resources.
- Perform analysis of equipment escalation historical data to reveal commonalities in support of any possible corrective actions or equipment improvements.
- Act as a liaison between the factory in Japan and HTA/subsidiary support operations for both escalations as well as general support and documentation.
- Provide excellent customer support via clear, comprehensive, and concise written and oral communication. Solid communication skills are needed for escalation action plans, problem root-cause models, maintenance procedures, engineering bulletins, parts purchase specifications, and other technical documentation.
- Computer literacy is important, with the proficiency needed in, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide 7 x 24 technical support to customers and HTA/subsidiary service groups.
- Generation and maintenance of support documentation including maintenance procedures, engineering change notices, technical bulletins, product safety notices, etc.
- Provide engineering support for global-source parts, engineering changes for enhanced performance or cost reduction, purchase specifications, etc.
- Extended travel for equipment conversion or installation support
- Provide technical assistance to the Supply Chain and QA groups for parts lookup, stocking levels, vendor qualification, parts inspection, parts repair, failure analysis, machine-down parts resourcing, import/export classifications, warranty, and repair judgments, purchasing, etc.
- Provide backup support to the field in the event of manpower shortage
- Other duties as required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- An Escalation Engineer must have a solid working knowledge of the use of various test equipment, including DVMs, digital storage oscilloscopes, data loggers, HV meg-ohmmeters, etc.
- The ability to drive tasks and projects to a timely completion is essential. An Escalation Engineer must be able to work with reduced supervision, prioritize daily tasks and projects, take the lead in the resolution of equipment issues, and have the confidence to notify management when it appears goals or customer expectations may not be met.
- An Escalation Engineer is expected to be able to properly prioritize daily activities and new tasks. The individual must seek guidance for new projects or when unsure of priorities. In the event that goals or deadlines may not be met, an Escalation Engineer is expected to immediately discuss the situation to prevent surprises and to ensure proper prioritization and resources are applied.
- An Escalation Engineer must place a significant emphasis on a high level of customer support. The Product Support Group is expected to aim at delivering maximum value to its customers by assessing needs and courses of action based on probable customer benefits. The output of the department must be regarded as a commitment on which others depend.
- Ability to resolve problems and overcome obstacles by rapidly seeking knowledge from all available resources. This includes peers, factory, parts manufacturers, books, Internet, etc. Effective discovery and utilization of knowledge resources is pivotal efficient problem solving. Creative solutions must often be employed to achieve the end result.
- Equipment familiarity and continual education are required to support effectively and keep pace with changing technology. An Escalation Engineer is expected to proactively seek learning opportunities through formal training, experience, and self-education resources.
- Provide expert-level skills for equipment maintenance and operation.
- Possess excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a good general understanding of etch process theory.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible and extended schedules to meet support expectations.
- Hand-eye coordination as needed to support activities with fine detail mechanical.
- Ability to hear audible indicators.
- Visual acuity is necessary to perform fine mechanical alignment.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color-codes.
- Engineering degree or technical diploma in a related study
EXPERIENCE & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum seven years of semiconductor industry experience, with at least five years of experience on Hitachi etchers.
- Must be able to support up to 25% travel.
POSITION SAFETY RISKS & HAZARDS
- RF/Microwave energies
- AC/DC voltages
- Gases (toxic/asphyxiant)
- Moving parts pinch & crush hazards
- Stored energy
- Handling of potentially sharp quartz parts
- Lifting of heavy parts
- Confined spaces
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
POSITION SAFETY SKILLS & PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to pass respirator fit test and certification training.
- Must be able to pass job-related computer-based training programs.
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes (Steel-toed)
- Air Respirator
- Kevlar Gloves
- Bump Cap or Hard Hat
Maximum one person weight lift of no more than 50 pounds under ideal conditions. Requires at least a two-man lift or more if lifting conditions are not ideal or more than 50 pounds, unless lifting device is used that can reduce the load to a safe level.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]