Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
The QA Automation Engineer is responsible for development of automation code for Hitachi Vantara Products.
This role requires proven and recent experience in test automation framework. Engineer should be an advocate for test automation and ensure test suites are maintainable over the course of development.
As a QA Automation engineer, in your normal day you will be:
• working with Agile project teams to ensure high quality aspects are enforced in the development process from requirements definition, implementation of requirements as features through to delivery.
• ensuring 100% test cases are automated and all tests are executed on regular basis (e.g. using existing nightly build pipelines).
• responsible for making sure that all test cases maintain meaningful documentation and generate elaborate test results which can be used for troubleshooting or root cause analysis.
• required to be flexible in terms of working on new technology and should adapt to UI / UX / APIs testing, CLI and Cloud related testing.
5-8 years of experience in development and testing
• Hands-on experience of working in Java, REST API based automation, API/CLI based automation.
• Good understanding of OOP concepts.
• Good understanding of development and testing cycles with knowledge of test plan creation.
• Knowledge and experience of different automation frameworks - Data Driven, Behaviour Driven, Test Driven frameworks.
• Experience on working with at least one CSP (AWS / Azure / Google).
• Well versed with Linux Operating system.
• Working knowledge of containers and Kubernetes.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment distributed across different geographies.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
• Knowledge of bash scripting.
• Understanding of application development on Kubernetes.
• Experience of working in and advocating for agile environments.
• Understanding of agile software development methodologies like daily scrum, sprint grooming/planning/closing rituals, task break down methodologies like story mapping, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.