Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Planning & Reporting (Asset Management Engineering) to work on our RIYADH Project. This position will require someone who’s on their toes: a doer who’s looking to grow long-term within our business of railway and mass transit signalling system.
The position is based in RIYADH, starting as soon as possible.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions
- Metro Riyadh Line 3
- Princess Noura University
Constantly monitor the performances of the ongoing maintenance regime to ensure continual improvement of assets reliability and availability and, at the same time, an optimized lifecycle cost.
- In relation to a specific technology or maintenance discipline, ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the company Asset Management Strategy defining the Asset Management Plan for the assigned project(s) in compliance with contractual requirement and applicable standards and regulations.
• Ensure, by means of the Asset or Maintenance Management System, monitoring and improving the performance of the asset and the associated maintenance activities, including operations and costs, for the relevant discipline, counting trains, telecommunications, SCADA, Platform Screen Doors, Signalling and E&M facilities, spares and consumables
• Provision and monitoring of KPI collection and monitoring tools/ dashboards
• Monitors and evaluates subcontractors KPI performance, apportionment and reports
• Prepares periodic (Monthly/Yearly) reports of subsystem systems and spare parts KPIs and RAM trends
• During defect and liability period; Ensure monitoring of overall maintenance performance and assets availability on a regular and routine basis;
• Ensure taking charge of Root Cause Analysis of technical failures, across each relevant technology, and the identification and implementation of the necessary improvements to the maintenance approach or plan, or system design improvements, to ensure the continuous performance of the assets. Provision of failure reports templates to enable proper failure analysis documentation.
• Establish obsolescence tracking tool, and for the relevant discipline, ensure the identification of any asset obsolescence potential issues on projects, communicate any issue to the competent company function and implement the related identified recovery strategy
• Establish plans for specific maintenance activities, such as overhauls, retrofit and change management requests.
• Liaise with logistics department to align spares, services and tools availability with maintenance schedule
• Contribute to the configuration control of project works and provide technical support to ensure the proper management of the interface between project works and the operational Metro system;
• Guarantee training, support and guidance on MMS, possession and infrastructure access within the O&M organization. Ensures that all maintenance records, such as incident reports, inspection reports, client complaints, work orders etc. are properly completed, processed and filed through CMMS in a timely manner.
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- 5-7 years of professional experience in transportation maintenance and failure analysis.
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Good command of CMMS software (SAP, Maximo or similar)
• Ability to independently organize and carry out assignments with minimal direction
• Ability to write failure analysis reports based on both descriptive data and numerical data
• Ability to evaluate maintenance and failure reports, interpret data for relation, and impact on scheduled maintenance and scheduled maintenance effectiveness.
• Comprehend various types of technical documentation such as illustrated parts catalogues, maintenance manuals, and heavy repair manuals, engineering modification instructions, service bulletins etc.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- A minimum experience in any railway or metro maintenance project
- A minimum experience in an international organization or a period of study abroad
Education / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant to transportation industry