About Hitachi Vantara
Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! We have a proven track record of creating the future for more than 100 years. Thousands of the most mission critical systems in the world's largest enterprises use our solutions today. We're going to change the way the world works and we're going to make it a better place. Not by helping our customers and partners innovate but rather, by helping them intelligently innovate so they can deliver outcomes that truly matter for business and society.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let's lead the way to extraordinary! Role Title
: Commercial Account ManagerReporting to:
Commercial Director - MEPDirect Reports:
None Role Summary
Develop account plans to maximize the value of the accounts and to build and nurture client relationships. Ensures alignment to Global and Regional strategy and ability to monitor, measure and communicate progress against stated goals. Identify lead, develop and track opportunities, from identification to the close. Opportunity expansion - share of wallet. Identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within the account and develop activation plans. Application of specialized/vertical knowledge to recommend customized solutions Responsibilities & Scope of Work
Lead / Opportunity Management
• Lead management through Salesforce. Identify S0 - S5 processes and define for the team.
• Manage new projects and opportunities by establishing clear leadership and orchestration of opportunity deliverables between Sales, Pre Sales, and Support teams.
• Identify up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within the account and develop activation plans.
• Understanding company businesses. Highlighting total IT usage and potential expansion.
• Mapping our solutions (references) with customer business needs that differentiate the customers in their markets - provide overall roadmap to customer and highlight short term and long term business needs.
• Understand customer business needs and map solutions through closely tying pre-sales/solutions/services and products team.
• Use solutions selling to identify opportunities that add value to our customers by helping them save money, make money or manage risk
• Ensure a consistent One Hitachi approach for the customer by regular account team communication and alignment to one account plan (be regional eyes and ears for GAM and be the local spokesperson for the global strategy at this account)Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Possesses proven, professional new business account management skills including multi-level sales negotiation experience. This will include the ability to overcome obstacles in order to gain agreement and work both externally and internally to ensure agreements are reached which are satisfactory to all concerned.
• Ability to 'cold call' to open new Accounts to grow existing footprint.
• A strong track record of sales achievement within the new business or account management environment. Appropriate candidates will possess a good solution selling track record.
• A successful track record of negotiating high value orders with a recognised supplier within the I.T. industry or proven experience within Hitachi Vantara in a relevant sales/marketing support or Systems Engineer role.
• Demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with key financial ratios, business indicators and financial trends.
• Possesses good business knowledge pertaining to vertical market alignment.
• A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
• A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to his immediate manager. In addition, the candidate will also be expected to maintain good communication with his management and colleagues that no opportunities are lost.
• Although personally successful will value the team and the advantages it brings.
• Has the ability to work within a support infrastructure, co-ordinating and motivating these resources as required.
• Possessing a personality, which will respond positively to working within the structure of Hitachi Vantara and is genuinely enthusiastic to face the challenge, which Hitachi Vantara offers.
• Ideally, candidates will have been educated to degree level.Key Competencies
• Ability to reference sell based on library of business outcome focused references
• Market insight and understand the unique needs of the Field business
• Solution selling methodology and Approach
• Field specific knowledge
• Ability to seamlessly work in direct and virtual matrixed managed environment
• Revenue driven and sales process competent
• Customer focused and savvy business hunter mentalityAdditional Competencies
• Team Orientation
• Takes Personal Responsibility
• Effectively Communicates Ideas