Meet The Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business, we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition and deliver the service against customer maintenance contracts. This role will report into the Global Customer Services & Support (GCSS) organization in AMER. What You Will Be Doing
As part of the Customer Service & Support (CS&S) organization, a Customer Engineer (CE) is a technical role focused on learning as well as providing direct support. CEs will work under the direction of a senior Customer Engineer, assisting in installations and/or maintenance, monitoring error logs and replacing components as needed. The CS&S Customer Engineer will provide expanded core skills, maintain client relationships within geography, deliver solutions support, lead escalation resolution, and mentor partners, customers, and new hires. Responsibilities
What You Bring To The Team
- Assist with specified installations, under the direction of a senior level Customer Engineer depending on skill level acquired
- Replace simple failed components, such as HDD, FMD, SSD's, Controllers, Power Supplies
- Responsible for Parts Return and administrative duties such as maintaining Salesforce
- Respond to trouble calls within Hitachi Vantara guidelines
- Communicates clearly with other team members and management
- 1 Year + Customer Service Experience
- General Technical Understanding
- Technical College or Trade School training in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Hitachi or like storage, SAN and network environments, is a plus
- Must have basics of today's technology platforms in the storage arena
- Operating Systems knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty
- Must be able to meet security clearance requirement.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge