Hitachi Vantara defines Content Infrastructure as Object Storage and Cloud capabilities with a focus on S3 and REST APIs. Content infrastructure allows organizations to become data-driven and supports centralized data management across an organization's environment, including the core data center or centers, the edge locations, remote or branch offices, the users and employees, business partners and customers, and across data that lives in a public cloud or across multiple public clouds. Hitachi Vantara has accepted this challenge with a focus on use cases for Cloud, Backup, Archiving, Hybrid Cloud, Analytics, and NextGen File.
Our intelligent, integrated approach redefines the purpose and value of data by combining enhanced cloud data management and accelerated performance to meet modern application demands.
The Content Sales Specialist is responsible for managing this area of the business across their assigned Sales Territory or Region. The individual will be expected to have a good working knowledge of the ISV market, the partner ecosystem, and sales processes. The candidate will leverage their experience of Cloud and Object-based Storage Infrastructure solution sales to take a proactive approach in driving HV's growth in this key market.
Success will be measured through the development of a solution pipeline, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue target attainment.
Although this role is supported by in-depth technical specialists, the candidate needs to demonstrate a reasonable depth of understanding of data center infrastructure, industry trends & application solutions. A background in working with and understanding the public Cloud or Object Storage market would be highly beneficial. What You Will Be Doing
• Building and maintaining the Object Storage Solutions business plan for the Sales Territory or Region
• Effective pipeline creation, management, and forecasting for the Sales Territory or Region, and owning updates on progress to the Sales Territory or Region & GEO leadership
• Take responsibility for ensuring the business objectives & KPIs of Object Storage and Data Intelligence are met for the Sales Territory or Region
• Work with the Americas Professional Services organization to position and sell appropriate services for Content Solutions
• Work with Americas Customer Services organization to ensure customers receive optimum support for their implementations
• Work with HV sales operations and logistics to ensure the needs of the business are met
• Show a strong ability to articulate and position the value of Content and Cloud solutions to HV field sales and the customer base
• Effective prioritization of opportunities and resources to drive deal closures
• Prioritize needs and requirements for Proofs-of-Concept and rally internal resources for flawless execution of qualification activities
• Look for continuous improvement of personal technical and business skills; building awareness of new markets, applications, and use cases
• Field and partner sales enablement for HV's Content Solutions portfolio
• Representing HV at appropriate industry events What you Bring to the Team
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in Product/Solution sales and experience of sales enablement gained within an IT vendor environment. A background in working with and an understanding of one of the key focus use cases (Cloud, Backup, Archiving, Hybrid Cloud, Analytics, NextGen File) would be highly beneficial.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Demonstrable object storage or cloud solution sales experience (min. 5 years) gained from working for a vendor or national partner organization (specific knowledge of the Hitachi Content Platform & NAS market desirable)
• Ability to work collaboratively, across all functions & management levels within Hitachi Vantara & customer organizations.
• Excellent written and verbal communications in English, comfortable with presenting ideas to groups, and capable of motivating both real and virtual teams
• Educated to degree level as a minimum
• 50% travel expected across assigned Sales Territory or Region Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge