For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen
Enter Job Description Here• Define and maintain Monitoring & Alerting criteria, provide support for testing activities for Nagios plug-in development.
• Perform testing of Nagios plug-ins in development environment, roll out to production and monitor/feedback for enhancement.
• Maintain and troubleshoot databases for Big Data processing, such as Hadoop and/or HortonWorks.
• Perform OS/Network and monitoring applications implementation.
• Maintain systems security and compliance with ISO-27001 and PCI-DSS.
• Provide ongoing technical support, problem investigation and resolution for OS, Network, Monitoring tools on 24x7 on-call basis.
• Responsible for vendor escalation.
• Develop/maintain system implementation documents, knowledge base, service reports and operational procedures.
• Assist with identification of implementation risks and with development of mitigation or avoidance plans.
• Strong written and spoken English language skills.
Familiar with Linux and open source technologies.
Experience with open source systems management and development tools, such as: Nagios, Apache, Ansible, git, and the ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) stack
Configuration and deployment of Nagios and GroundWork.
Scripting, using Linux shell, Perl, or Python.
Experience with clustered multi-node Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop and/or HortonWorks.
Familiar with Hitachi Vantara products (enterprise storage, blade and rack-mount servers