Warehouse Assistant - Temporary
Company: Hitachi Industrial Equipment & Solutions America LLC.
Division: Industrial Components & Equipment Division
Location: Charlotte, NC
Status: Long-Term Temporary for approx. 6+ months
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
This position is responsible for providing various warehousing functions including accurate processing of both inbound and outbound shipments. Has general responsibility for warehouse environments such as maintaining orderly and clean work and stocking areas. Requires the ability to safely operate various types of material handling equipment such as Forklifts and Pallet Jack and make entries into computerized WMS & MES systems as well as receive and send emails. The individual in this position must work cooperatively with many other associates with little supervision.
- Receive inbound shipments. Confirms shipment is received in good condition and that Bill of Lading quantities match delivered quantities.
- Opens and checks each incoming shipment to ensure quantity and type of received material matches vendors packing list as well as inspects cargo for exterior damage to packaging. Brings any discrepancies or visible damages to attention of supervisor and assists supervisor achieve resolution.
- Enters material into WMS and places material in warehouse storage location as directed by the WMS. Maintains necessary warehouse files on in-bound shipments.
- Process outbound shipments. Processes pick request from sales group. Confirms material type and quantity picked matches pick request and enters into WMS.
- Prepares material for shipment, prepares shipping documents and presents goods for carrier for pick-up. Maintains necessary warehouse files on out-bound shipments.
- Assists supervisor regarding warehouse activity including material handling and WMS entries for product returned for re-stocking and product returned for warranty assessment as established by responsible product managers.
- Assists supervisor to continually monitor warehouse procedures to ensure cost effective and timely warehouse procedures and policies. Responsible for implementing procedures when new methods or workflow are modified by management.
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment such as forklift, dollies, shelving, scales and tools. Reports any trouble equipment to supervisor. Assists supervisor to arrange corrective action.
- Assists management to identify when warehouse supplies (such as boxes, tape, pallets, labels, banding material etc.) need replenishment
- Assists to prepare warehouse prior to term end inventory counts. Conducts weekly cycle count as scheduled as well as spot check counts when requested
- Responsible to maintain clean and orderly warehouse and securing warehouse at the close of each workday.
- Other tasks related to stocked products such as IJP and inverter as directed by management.
- Minimum 5 years general warehouse experience.
- Requires good skills and knowledge with regards to good shipping practices such as packing carton boxes, stacking goods and wrapping or banding pallets and cargo for shipment.
- Requires high level of organizational skills and attention to detail as pertains to keeping stock in correct bins, shelves and racking and clean and orderly condition.
- Ability to accurately follow various shipping criteria such as maximum weight per units, scheduling times for pick up or special shipping needs to ship via truck, air, UPS or Fed-X, etc.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, handling tools while following established safety rules, guidelines as well as both company and government policies.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in processing material in and out of the warehouse.
- May require completion of material handling courses (become certified) to handle certain types of toxic materials such as printing inks and greases.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.