This position would be 100% field based with the individual inspecting crews, completing reports, and uploading all information into our online database. This person will be the initial investigator for trainings, key liaison with subcontractors, and work as a part of a small team on a multi-hundred million dollar rail infrastructure project.
- Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented on the Project in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
- Ensure the implementation of the STS activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements , HSE Customer Requirements and the HSE Management System of the project and HSE Management System of STS (IMS);
- Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
- Ensure the implementation of HSE Compliance Legislative Audit in relation to the annual schedule;
- Develop the HSE Programs for the achieving of the planned HSE Objectives and Targets;
- Ensure the availability and manage the Local project HSE resources appointed;
- Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
- Ensure the identification of the HSE training needs and the implementation of the necessary HSE training program in cooperation with HR Department;
- Ensure that suppliers and subcontractors engaged on Project are operating in accordance with IMS supplier requirements;
- Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
- Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
- Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
- Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
- Cooperate to the implementation of the annual HSE Audit schedule and ensure the implementation of the HSE Audits;
- Ensure that working areas are inspected on regular base in compliance with local legislation and HSE Management System;
- Participate to the annual management review meetings.
- OSHA 30-Hour for Construction Card Issued within last 4 Years
- Associates in Occupational Safety and Health or related STEM Field
- 5+ Years of experience in Construction Safety and Health
- Experience integrating into project teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal OSHA, EPA, Department of Labor and Local regulations, policies, and legislation
- Experience developing and implementing site safety programs
- Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
- Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
- A valid non-probationary Class “C” Driver’s License
- Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
- Ability to travel internally
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Occupational Safety and Health Discipline
- Accreditation by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT) or Safety Management Specialist (SMS)
- OSHA 500 Authorized Outreach Trainer Designation
- 5+ Years of Rail Construction of Turnkey Projects
- Experience with Human and Organizational Performance Management techniques
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.