What You’ll Do:
- Work with customers, sales, and engineering teams to develop solutions requiring simulations.
- Work with the Application Engineers if simulations are needed in proposals.
- Balance project priority and cross-business unit work.
- Initiate, facilitate and cultivate external relationships and partnerships.
- Build processes and retain relationships to share simulation capabilities, processes and knowledge across all JR Automation companies and business units.
- Adhere to JR Automation and Simulation Engineering standards and processes.
- Maintain the quality, respectability, and professionalism that JR Automation requires.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Perform robotic reach & cycle time studies.
- Perform system throughput studies.
- Work with the design teams to validate tooling, layout, and robot selection.
- Provide engineering teams with robot paths, OLPs and data.
- Produce simulation videos and images.
- Professionally present the simulation and findings to the team and customer.
- Develop simulations for virtual commissioning, including digital twins.
- Develop advanced simulation tools.
- Develop simulation standards, processes, models, and scripts/control.
- Provide high quality realistic imaging and 3D animation videos for marketing.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 3+ years of direct experience with robotics, preferably within the industrial automation or comparable industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Software engineering preferred.
- Experience with robotic and/or discrete simulation software preferred, software such as:
- Visual Components
- Process Simulate
- Plant Simulate
- Industrial robotic automated work cell design experience.
- Ability to experiment while reviewing concepts, think out-of-the-box, and providing solutions.
- Strong logical and critical thinking. Programming experience is preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with varying priorities.
- Some travel required and willingness to commit to extended travel periods for project-based work, training, sales events, and conferences. Some international traveling could be required.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!