Summary of the position:
The Channel Specialist position is responsible for supporting sales and channel with administrative tasks and data analysis necessary for effective and efficient channel management.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as administrator for lead generation subscription tools and assists sales team with utilization of those tools; monitors shared mailboxes and forwards leads as appropriate to sales management team.
- Sends monthly shipment data to trade associations CAGI and AEM, and keys updates into Sullair’s central files with the aggregate data that is returned to Sullair from both CAGI and AEM.
- Administers bulletins and other channel communication, working with respective managers on content needed, ensuring appropriateness for audience and securing proper review and approval prior to publication. Tracks statistical data related to distributor communication, and identifies strategies for improving open rates. Recommends updates to bulletin process as needed.
- Administers distributor co-op program, including reviewing claims and issuing credits per policy. Maintains updated co-op account balances in CRM program to provide visibility to field sales team.
- Serves as CRM administrator for the sales and channel portions of CRM, providing periodic training for field sales team. Responsible for regular monitoring of distributor account and contact data for accuracy. May also have involvement with overall system improvements and updates to CRM.
- Creates special reports, as needed, and assists Channel Manager and Sales Managers with vertical market analyses.
- Maintains and publishes distributor territory maps and updates distributor territory database as needed.
- Maintains and publishes distributor and field sales representative lists. Assists with maintenance of distributor agreement files.
- Assist, as needed, with annual distributor conference.
- Assist, as needed, with distributor council meetings and minutes.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or related field preferred
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a professional office environment, preferably in an Inside Sales or Marketing role.
- 2 or more years’ experience communicating directly with distributors or end-users, as well as field sales personnel on sales & marketing related issues.
- Familiarity with sales and marketing processes in a distribution-based business.
- Experience preferred working with a capital goods product, and demonstrated ability to learn models and product features, in order to facilitate channel communications and to assist with data analysis.
- Proficient with Excel, CRM systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to distill large quantity of data into salient points
- Comfortable recommending changes and improvements and questioning things that don’t seem right
- Pro-active and self-directed
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.