Job ID: R0009355
Date Posted: Jul 3, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Sales Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is part of the Freight Commercial Team and is based in USA Remote Location (Near End Customers). Location is flexible based on customer base.
• Act as the primary interface to assigned freight customer accounts, representing the company with integrity and professionalism.
• Achieve the sales targets assigned in compliance with the company strategy.
• Define and implement customer account strategies, prioritizing opportunities (including procurement pre-qualification decisions), supporting the definition of the business unit short/medium term strategic plan and the yearly budget/target.
• Manage commercial offer submission and negotiation according to delegated authority.
• Identify and assess market trends, business opportunities, customer needs and orientations, competitors, and potential strategic partners.
• Lead discussions with clients and partner addressing win to win solutions.
• Interact with other company’s departments (Engineering, Finance, Project Delivery, and Procurement) to discuss and analyze technical matters on offers proposed.
• Provide knowledge on markets, clients, political environment, competitors, projects, resources, technical solutions to support the Sales & Business Development strategy definition, ensuring capitalization and sharing of knowledge
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Rail Industry
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an external, customer facing role. Examples include Product Support, Technical Pre-Sales, Sales Management, Account Management, Business Development, or Bidding position, or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
Planning and Organizational skills to plan and execute a customer account strategy.
• Experience in business operations and/or commercial activities, such as negotiation and contracting skills in a B2B context.
• Technical aptitude and the ability to learn technical matter.
• Experience with North America / South America freight rail industry (Class I, Regional, and Short Lines Railroads, & Mining Rail Operations).
• Experience with products and systems for Wayside Signaling, Train Control, and Switch Machines.
• Data mining and analysis skills to analyze customer and industry data.
• Public speaking capabilities and strong communicator skills.
• Strategic and global mindset.
• Basic Office Suites knowledge (mostly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Prior experience working in the railroad industry (preferred)
• Experience with Positive Train Control (PTC) wayside, onboard, and back office systems.
• Other advanced systems such as CBTC, ERTMS, or other similar train control systems.
• Experience with Railcar Telematics (sensors, gateways, and software systems)
• Technical knowledge in emerging fields of big data & analytics, cybersecurity, and software development (desired, but not necessary)
Education / Qualifications
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.