Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
We are looking for a senior automation test engineer with extensive Python experience. In this role you will be a lead member of the SDET team working on the next generation of our filesystem. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing an automation framework in a multi-node mesh fabric environment. In addition, you will assist the team implementing automated test cases to be integrated into the CI/CD pipeline. Responsibilities
• Collaborating with team members to develop new and integrate existing automation frameworks
• Design and develop automated test cases validating functional areas of code based on design specs, protocol specs and PRD's
• Participating in bi-directional code reviews, design discussions, and task breakdowns.
• Collaborating with teammates in an Agile software development lifecycle.
• Track automation related and product related defects to closure
• Integrate automated test cases into the CI/CD workflow Requirements
• 6+ years' experience Python experience.
• 6+ years' experience with Linux system administration activities; user account, upgrades, storage configuration etc.
• Strong understanding of storage and filesystem technologies
• Direct experience designing and implementing test automation frameworks in python using a client-server architecture.
• Demonstrable knowledge coding python for multi-platform support
• Familiar with GitHub, GitHub Actions and Jenkins
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Active participation in a modern/distributed team environment