This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: R0010099
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2022
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Customer Service & Contact Center Operations
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Hitachi Transport Systems Group– James J. Boyle & Co.
Location: Onsite in Seattle Washington
Status: Regular, Full Time
This job requires the individual to manage accounts from A to Z, prepare all
documentation necessary to clear merchandise through Customs and any applicable
PGA, provide excellent, thorough, and prompt customer service and perform any tasks
assigned by the Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead that meet the needs of the team
and department including but not limited to the following areas:
• Minimum 2 years of experience with proven track record.
• Knowledge of import brokerage procedures and U.S. Customs and Border
Protection (“Customs”) and Participating Government Agency (“PGA”)
requirements including the clearance process, classification, and valuation.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
• Effective written and oral communication skills and phone etiquette.
• Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain an excellent
rapport with customers and vendors.
• Effective at problem solving and research.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with others at all levels. True team player; willing to help
fellow team members when necessary.
• Detail oriented and a high degree of accuracy.
• Professional presentation.
• High school diploma minimum: college degree preferred
• Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and 10-key
• Prepare, file, monitor and audit Customs and PGA entries.
• Gather, research, and interpret information from a variety of sources to prepare
compliant and timely Customs ISF and entry filing as well as PGA entries.
• Provide excellent customer service and support.
• Efficient and effective communication with all parties in the supply chain via
phone, email, and in-person.
• Ensure payments and required documentation are submitted to Customs, PGAs,
carriers, and vendors in a timely manner.
• Maintain complete and accurate files (both hard copy and electronic format as
appropriate) for documentation and compliance purposes.
• Support and actively comply with the duties and responsibilities described in the
JJB Brokerage Compliance Manual, C-TPAT Security Compliance Manual, and
all company policies.
• Additional responsibilities assigned as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.