The Hitachi Vantara Global Support Centre (GSC) team is responsible for the seamless provision of 24x7x365 customer support services and is focussed on ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction and advocacy, alongside orchestrating Hitachi Vantara Engineering, Escalation Management and other support and service partner teams to effectively manage service cases through to successful conclusion.
The role is based in an Hitachi Vantara Office in EMEA (UK, France or Germany). What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Advising Hitachi Vantara customers, account teams, CS&S Field teams and partners regarding best practices for integration and use of Hitachi Vantara products;
- Supporting Hitachi Vantara customers, account teams, CS&S Field teams and partners with level 2 support, troubleshooting high severity problems in complex, heterogeneous environments which often are severely impacting the customers production
- Supporting Hitachi Vantara customers, account teams, CS&S Field teams and partners with level 2 support, troubleshooting integration and deployment problems in complex, heterogeneous environments
- Defining complex issues and driving through to resolution with Hitachi Vantara engineering and OEMs;
- Replicating complex customer environments in GSC labs, executing diagnostics, performance testing, and other relevant tests on Hitachi Vantara and other OEM equipment to reproduce and resolve complex problems;
- Perform professional services engagements in support of Hitachi Professional Services Delivery;
- Develop and deliver in depth partner and customer training;
- Develop and deliver in depth peer to peer training and workshops
- Help select and qualify server, virtualization platform, storage, and network technologies for Hitachi Vantara products
- Provision of weekend and public holiday cover, based on standby and/or Shift.
- Bachelor Technical Degree or the equivalent work experience.
- In depth knowledge and experience on Server hardware such as (Hitachi, HPE, ATOS, Quanta, ...).
- Knows at least one of the following OS: Windows; linux: Redhat, SuSE, or other distribution
- Knows virtualization platform such as VMware, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box or Hyper-V
- Knowing vmware NSX and VSAN is an advantage
- Networking knowledge on L2 and L3 Switches such as Cisco, Extreme Networks, or others...
- An aptitude for providing positive customer service and good communication, problem solving, and technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage many highly critical issues simultaneously.
- Well organised, adaptable and a clear thinker
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Over 5 years of level 2 support experience working with complex, heterogeneous, high availability computing environments
- Confident and self-reliant but able to work as a team member, demonstrating clear commitment to team objectives
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge