Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job Description
This position in our company is housed in our Empower Product Development team. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career in a group focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and advancing innovation and sound engineering.
It is the goal of this group to help our firm introduce products to enhance our already strong services business - ultimately making the cloud easier for our customers and allowing us to hit our long-term financial goals with greater-than linear scale.
This is a high-visibility, high-impact, full-time role in our product organization for professionals with a proven history of execution, and a desire to rapidly expand an already successful organization. Technical acumen and domain experience in data engineering, Azure, SaaS, and analytics are strongly preferred.Who you are:
- Experienced at leading high performing agile software engineering teams with a history of on-time delivery
- Proven ability to lead and coach software engineers to be better each day
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to translate technical concepts for business groups, present to executive audiences or drive effective discussion with your team
- Ability to lead multiple diverse collaborating teams, prioritize effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies and their adoption within teams
- Technical leadership capable of building consensus across an organization on matters of design, development and delivery approach
- Strong knowledge of web and api application development using Python, HTML, CSS and JS frameworks in an enterprise environment
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or any other related fields; or equivalent related professional experience
- Experience in cloud technologies, preferably Azure
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
- Lead a team of software engineers in development and test to deliver high quality software using agile principles and methodologies
- Develop your team through adept coaching, mentoring, feedback and performance management
- Facilitate career growth by providing learning and development opportunities
- Oversee the design, development, testing and release of software using engineering best practices
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on performance, scalability, maintainability and operational excellence
- Instill excellence into the processes, methodologies, standards and technology choices embraced by the team
- Identify and articulate technical and operational requirements for new feature developments and platform investments
- Drive design and planning activities by removing ambiguities, resolving dependency questions and providing high level engineering estimates
- Collaborate in multi-functional discussions to plan project deliveries or set platform, product and technology strategies
- Orchestrate operational support and act as an escalation point during outages and high impact live site issues
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.