As a Controls Engineering Manager, you will lead and mentor some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to manage a team while integrating some of the most state of the art robotics & technology available. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Direct supervision of controls engineers and other staff.
- Work to develop engineering department through leadership, training and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional technical teams throughout the lifecycle of various projects.
- Assist with the successful management of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Manage staffing and workload issues, including managing direct, indirect and overtime hours as they relate to workload, budget and timing.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field OR Associates degree with 2+ years of related experience
- 10+ years of related experience in a controls engineering capacity
- 5+ years leading technical projects
- 5+ years of leadership experience
Skills You’ll Have:
- Knowledge to lead others and positively influence engineer's development and progression.
- Breadth and depth of experience with automation products, services, and the industry.
- Ability to identify systemic issues to improve department efficiency.
- Experience leading technical projects.
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites & other JR locations.
- Present to colleagues and company management.
- Negotiate critical issues with internal and customer engineers and leaders.
- Partner with other leaders to create methods to develop technical talent.
- Lead teams and influence project direction and progress.
- Serve as mentor, coach and leader in the department.