As General Manager, you will help to plan, direct, organize and control the operations and related costs of a customer targeted industrial machine building business unit. Duties and responsibilities include enforcing existing policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as engineering, purchasing, or design services.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the daily operations, including human resources of our South Carolina locations.
- Develop and drive the business unit’s strategic business plan along with identifying and reporting out key metrics.
- Responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable profit-making results for an organization.
- Coaching and Developing others- by identifying the needs of others and coaching mentoring or otherwise helping others to improve their skills or knowledge.
- Communicating across the organization necessary business and strategic information, and effectively communicating with customers and people outside the organization as well
- Provide key input into the development of Company’s strategic business plan.
- Analyze and manage operational data to ensure strategic plan adherence, organic growth, and alignment of departmental priorities.
- Manage and develop organizational talent to position organization for growth.
- Facilitate process improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Understand and recommend resource allocation to optimize business unit revenue.
- Provide direct leadership, mentoring, and coaching to the functional leadership team.
- Drive the utilization of problem-solving methods for business unit and customer related issues.
- Direct and drive new efficiency improvements to achieve team productivity and project performance goals.
- Provide direction to quoting and business development activities (program management, plant capacity).
- Collaborate with Occupational Health and Safety team member to develop, drive, and enforce safety guidelines and initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the entire team has the necessary tools and materials to properly perform their roles safely and efficiently.
- Utilize teamwork to develop business unit synergy.
- Direct the utilization of the company performance metric format to effectively track, monitor, and implement required improvement activities related to business plan, goals, issues, etc.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, productivity and delivery of all plant operations and colleagues.
- Drive quality and delivery to lead the marketplace in strategic market segments.
- Ensure ISO and quality standards are met or exceeded.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Design, Engineering, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience as a General, Plant, Operations, Department Manager, or similar role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. This may include domestic and international travel.
- Ability to find creative solutions and generate results in a dynamic market environment.
- Ability to focus on delivering services in a way that brings out the company’s value and competitive advantage.
- Works well under pressure and ability to infuse this in others.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the company as well as customers and vendors.
At JR Automation, A Hitachi Group Company, our talented teams leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to provide our global customers with world-class automation equipment. We transform processes & optimize operations with the solutions we design, build, program & deploy for nearly every industry. Our people are the heart of our operations, and we believe unique skills and capabilities enable us to grow, collaborate and evolve.
Join our team of 2,200+ at one of the 27 facilities around the globe. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, apprenticeship programs, tuition reimbursement and training opportunities to develop your skills.
Come Think. Solve. Create. With Us!