As a Senior Machine Builder at JR Automation, you will never build the same machine twice. As a member of a project team, you’ll work alongside our Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions. What You’ll Do:
- Assembly of equipment per mechanical drawings.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Carry out assigned tasks with minimum direct supervision.
- Execute ISO Quality standards.
- Communicate with the Machine Build Lead on open issues and progress during the build process.
- Successful execution of assigned programs as they relate to cost, quality, timing and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of assigned work area.
- Coordinates secondary processes pick-up and delivery (material finish, heat treat, and deburring)
- Assist lead builder in maintaining and coordinating project task lists, machine safety, machine quality, and driving project to completion within the timeline
- Effectively and safely operate: Mill, Lathe, Drill Press, Surface Grinder, Saws, Shears & Presses
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities. What You’ll Bring:
Skills You’ll Have:
- High school diploma, or equivalent certification.
- Related vocational education preferred.
- 5 + years of experience in a related field.
- Basic computer skills.
- Intermediate proficiency reading part and assembly drawings.
- Proven mechanical aptitude with a focus on safety and quality.
- Proven ability to accept direction and complete tasks as assigned while working as part of a team or individually.
- Travel to customer sites & other JR locations up to 20% of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, and climbing onto and beneath machines.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (Fork Lift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and tool box suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided).