Meet The Team
In the Digital Infrastructure Business Unit (DIBU) Core Software Management Team, we deliver a suite of solutions that enable our clients to run their business in the most performant, reliable and scalable manner while using Hitachi's market-leading digital infrastructure portfolio.
The Senior Product Manager of Hybrid Cloud Analytics is responsible for managing, defining, and coordinating the delivery of Hitachi Vantara's DIBU Infrastructure Analytics and Observability SaaS offering. The Senior Product Manager of Hybrid Cloud Analytics is the vital link between key cross functional stakeholder groups that include Engineering, Product Management, Alliances, Sales, Marketing, Geographic and Regional V-teams, multiple Hitachi, Ltd. divisions, and other teams.
The Senior Product Manager of Hybrid Cloud Analytics is also responsible for the successful management of Hitachi Vantara's product strategy, vision, portfolio, and roadmaps related to Infrastructure Analytics and Observability offerings and owns the management of each offering throughout its entire life cycle - from development of the initial requirements and prioritizations through GTM execution and end-of-life product decisions. This entails owning and contributing to designs, managing the requirement documents, guarding the architectural integrity, and managing critical trade-offs of each offering. As the custodian of the solution/product requirement documents, the Senior Product Manager of Hybrid Cloud Analytics leads a cross-functional team to achieve agreement about the concept, design, delivery, and support of the offering, and justifies the agreed approach to management.
The Senior Product Manager of Hybrid Cloud Analytics is required to actively engage and solicit information, feedback and requirements from customers, partners and strategic alliances, Hitachi Vantara stakeholders to validate the value and alignment of Hitachi's DIBU solutions/products (block, content, file, software-defined) for inclusion in the relevant business, development and GTM execution plans. What You Will Be Doing
• Develop and maintain the vision and strategy for the overall Infrastructure Analytics and Observability offerings covering the DIBU portfolio
• Delivery and maintenance of formal Product Requirement Documents that translate customer/market/business needs into clearly defined product feature/capability requests for Engineering
• Development, delivery, communication, and maintenance of formal Roadmap
• Close collaboration with Engineering to obtain agreement/alignment on formal release items, establish schedules, manage execution, mitigate risk and deliver on-time solutions
• Requirements gathering and prioritization via formal market sensing function, customer/partner engagement, market trends, competitive analysis, and other trusted sources
• Strategic and business planning execution to successfully navigate the Hitachi Vantara governance and gating processes
• GTM execution for each Infrastructure Analytics and Observability solution
• Directly support Sales/Pre-Sales opportunities and initiatives with customers/partners
• Lead/support regular updates, communications and enablement activities for direct Sales and Partners
• Support the promotion of Infrastructure Analytics and Observability solution with Marketing, and independently, via formal channels and mediums
• Reporting, analysis and forecasting of key business and financial metrics What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
• Required 10+ years in the IT segment, with at least 5 years of primary/senior product management or product owner experience
• Required Bachelors' degree or equivalent is highly desired in Information Technology and/or Computer Science
• Required experience in software development from planning to delivery in the analytics and observability space
• Required product management lifecycle skills and proven track record of managing formal product releases to market
• Required understanding of the technology focus areas that comprise the Storage and Hybrid Cloud and Infrastructure Analytics
• Required experience in Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Required experience in block, file, content, software-defined storage is highly desirable
• Preferred proven success in working effective with local and remote engineering teams
• Preferred Business Planning and Financial Analysis capabilities, with ability to develop related business plans to justify an offering and/or strategic direction
• Preferred proven ability in capturing, documenting, and prioritizing requirements (business, technical, financial and product) from customers, sales, partners, and product teams
• Preferred excellent presentation & and communication (speaking/writing) skills: Ability to translate and clearly formulate technical and market issues into strategic and execution plans
• Preferred excellent interpersonal skills: ability to lead and influence teams
• Preferred good project management skills with ability to manage critical path items
• Preferred strong analytic and critical thinking skills
• Must be U.S. Citizen and/or Resident Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge