Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The role of the PreSales Solutions Consultant is to provide in-depth pre-sales technical/solutions knowledge, design and support with respect to Hitachi Vantara Solutions Portfolio to sales teams within Hitachi Vantara as well as to partner organizations; to influence, educate and help customers in the assigned territories with Hitachi Vantara Solutions Portfolio. Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Assist the sales teams to define opportunities and close large opportunities with the right Solutions and mapping key Value propositions to customers business.
- Develop Key Enterprise Customers and address their current and new business/applications for up selling products and/or new solutions.
- Sales and PreSales enablement in our key channels or internal team members.
- Customer engagement along with Channels and ISV.
- Participation in lead generation activities and customer engagements along with channel partners.
- Acting as a technology bridge between channel and Hitachi Vantara Sales Account team.
- Responsible for Hitachi Vantara technology adoption across account portfolio, as well actively source for new technologies and innovative solutions to solve customers technical and business requirements.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction in pre-sales support activities.
- Perform technical presentations, Coordinate proof of Concepts, solutions and product demonstration.
- Work closely with sales & post sales team by participating and supporting all sales strategies and business goals.
- Utilize consultative techniques to drive more Solution Sales which should result in access to opportunities with larger revenues.
- Participate in the partners strategy discussion.
- Must be willing to travel as required domestically or overseas when required.
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Electronics Engineering and related Degree.
- Minimum of 8+ years experience and proven track record in a Presales capacity in Information Technology Solutions, relating to Software and Hardware Solutions and associated Services, selling and into Enterprise Organizations.
- Has a strong and proven track record of Customer facing engagement across difference levels across the organizations from working to management level executives.
- Has a strong and proven track record of working with Partners & alliances.
- Ability to relate business issues to IT initiatives.
- Strong knowledge and experience with one or more major Enterprise applications such as MS SQL, MS Sharepoint, SAP, Oracle, VMware.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Infrastructure Technologies and Solutions, such as Server Technologies and Operating Systems (Unix, Linux and Wintel), Connectivity (i.e. IP, SAN, NAS, CAS, iSCSI), Network Storage Solutions and Software (Storage Management, Tiered Storage, File Services, Business Continuity and Data Protection) and Virtualization solutions.
- Hands-on Experience with the solutions mentioned above is preferred and capable of handling Proof-of-Concepts (POC) when required.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies (IOT, Anayltics, Vertical Solutions eg Media/Healthcare/Telco) that may be relevant to the business and able to provide a turnkey solution will be a major plus point.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to urgent customer requests for RFP, RFQ during off office hours may be required if necessary.
- A positive attitude with the passion for life and work will drive the desirable outcomes.
- Ability to deliver quality results working under tight timelines and pressures under difficult situations.
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills in English.
- An "Out of the Box" thinker with creativity in solution selling and a strong will to win/succeed.
- Outstanding organization, and time management skills when working under timeline pressures.
- Possess solid business acumen and the ability to present and negotiate as well as build rapport with customers and partners.
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of team wherever and whenever required.
- Ability to lead major internal, customers or partner. engagements/discussions wherever needed to ensure things go smoothly.
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving environment.
- An ability to relate business issues to IT initiatives.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented. Must possess superior interpersonal and email communications skills and computer skills necessary to develop professional proposals via Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, prospective customers and partners.
- Knowledge of current IT trends and sales practices in the Information Technology industry.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.