Meet our Team
We represent the hub of the back-office functions for Hitachi Vantara's IT Team. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers (internal and external); success that is celebrated and shared. Our support enables the day to day to happen for Hitachi Vantara on many different levels. We learn and improve on a constant basis while having fun as a team!
What you'll be doing
Supporting the day-to-day business operations for Global IT while maintaining accurate records. Establish accurate purchase requisition routing approval workflow to ensure proper transition to purchase orders creation to the vendor. Process computer accessory orders to support end user requests for new and existing employees. Work closely with vendors to help with invoicing & payments as well as escalate and help resolve sourcing issues.
Identify and present areas for opportunities as it relates to savings, efficiencies and automation to current processes. What you bring to the team
• An ability to think analytically as well as creatively where the process is not always concrete.
• Independence, self-motivation, open-mindedness with ability to make your own decisions.
• A track record of great customer service mindset.
• The talent to build close internal/external partnerships with IT, Finance, Procurement, etc. that help enable you to increase your level of influence.
• You are passionate about improving the process and bringing new innovative thinking. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology strongly preferred.
• 3+years' experience in IT sourcing, financial management & analysis, or related field.
• Strong customer service, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills required.
• Proficient in MS Excel with strong skills with if statements, vlookup, pivot tables, etc.
• Strong understanding of hardware, software, and labor agreements including knowledge of business software licensing.
• Experience in Oracle ERP financial systems, ServiceNow, and end-to-end Procure-to-Pay processes. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge