Sr. Analyst IT Asset Management
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Information Technology Group (ITG) – Supporting Information Security Team
Location: Santa Clara CA
Status: 3 - 6 months temporary position
Hitachi America LTD, located in Santa Clara CA, is the U.S. headquarters Regional Headquarters (RHQ) for Hitachi Limited, based in Tokyo, Japan.
Performs day-to-day operational management of hardware and software in collaboration with the ITAM management team.
- Support and manage requests from HAL customers and respond per the defined IT service level agreement.
- Collaborate with IT Client Services and extended IT members where applicable towards timely response to HAL customers.
- Develop and maintain processes to effectively manage operations of IT asset portfolio (software and IT related hardware) in regards to cost, control, risk, compliance and IT Governance as established by the company.
- Coordinate with and manage vendors to address new device model requirements, shipments/delivery of assets and support tickets etc.
- Perform verification and audit of Software library and CMDB content; verify software assets with license contracts, confirm hardware assets with actual inventory and initiate corrective actions and track them.
- Manage and maintain databases and records of information such as licenses, service agreements, and warranties for the organization's software and hardware.
- Utilize integrated software solutions that connect all company departments involved with IT assets, including the procurement, deployment, expense reporting.
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and CIs and their status; also perform trend analysis.
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management.
- Support vendor portals for software license management and assignments.
- Manage IT asset inventory utilizing best practice Hardware asset management (HAM) and IT asset disposition (ITAD) processes and tools across the full range of digital technology assets.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent demonstrated work experience is required.
- Five years or more Asset management experience, as well as ITSM and ITAM experience required.
- Profound knowledge of licensing agreements involving software, including Microsoft and Adobe required.
- Strong knowledge of IT software and hardware as well as 5+ years' experience working in IT asset management field required.
- Understanding of Vendor Management, Procurement, Asset Lifecycles, and License Management required.
- Strong experience with ServiceNow processes required.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes, as well as experience with Discovery tool.
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, word, power point etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze data and present data in a meaningful manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.