Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Quality Auditor ROLE:
This position is responsible for the overall execution of Quality in the foundry. The role will be accountable for the auditing of gray iron castings, managing non-conforming material, banding and barcoding of finished goods, and 6S. Most importantly, exceeding safety expectations. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining a safe and organized workplace.
- Confirm Quality requirements of castings.
- Perform Quality audits by part number.
- Ability to trouble shoot issues with internal scrap and rejects that come back from the customer.
- Ability to participate in root cause analysis of Quality and production issues.
- Cut and machine test bars.
- Review pressure test NDT sheets and sign off.
- Receive all incoming castings, tag containers, delete bar codes.
- Manage quality section of DMN.
- Review all IPQC and Hot checks, TIR, NDT Boilers.
- Sign off on each container from Special inspection before going to banding.
- Complete Final Audit on paper and on computer.
- Review hold screen and release parts when completed.
- Retrieve parts for layout and place in layout box, take to layout or DEA.
- Manage hold area. Record parts coming in and out on white board and on spread sheet.
- Manage quality section on Waiver program.
- Manage quality portion of samples.
- Place part numbers on hold and tag withhold tags when discrepant casting are found.
- Review plant 2 parts that are processed in plant 3 with plant 3 QC auditor.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- High level of attention to details.
- Ability to walk and or stand constantly throughout a shift.
- Ability to have good problem solving and decision making skills.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.