Meet our Team
** THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR ROLE
Hitachi Vantara's Human Resources Team is seeking a strong Global Strategic HR Business Partner who will work with leadership and client groups supporting the Product Team which includes Engineering, Product Management and Go-to-market. This individual will partner heavily with the business leaders to access, anticipate and facilitate organizational and people strategies that enable short-term and long-term business success.
The People Partner will be the HR Business Partner for a specific function in the organization and will interact with the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs such as Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Shared Services) to drive delivery of people programs and services. This candidate will support activities such as compensation reviews, performance management, succession planning preparation, employee engagement action planning, data and analytics creation and dissemination, employee data audits, restructure prep and corrective actions. This individual will additionally provide HR support and coaching to front line leaders and will frequently be required to roll up sleeves to problem solve. The People Partner will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business group's performance, culture and talent and will execute strategies to improve business performance. What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead and facilitate the people activities for the assigned teams and align HR services, programs, and priorities to drive business objectives
- Execution of projects, programs, strategies, and organizational workforce plans in the assigned function/country
- Support organizational and people discussions with HR COEs in order to deliver HR services, programs and employee lifecycle activities in assigned function/country.
- Collaborate with the COE's (Centers of Excellence) Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management and Project Management Office for planning and execution.
- Bring data and analytics expertise to life, telling the story and identifying trends to inform better decision making
- Facilitate compensation reviews, diversity and inclusion goals and measurements with leadership teams.
- Establish business partnership with leaders, coach, and mentor People Managers.
- Drive employee engagement and focus on the employee experience.
- Manage employee relations issue, maintain data accuracy and day to day HR operations.
- 8+ years of progressive HRBP experience in a fast paced and large global enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of multiple Human Resources disciplines, including but not limited to employee relations, workforce planning, compensation and learning and development.
- Change management and culture assessment experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels, geographies within the organization.
- Coaching skills and experience with leaders at all levels an advantage
- Maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced matrixed environment; flexible and adaptable, an individual who embraces change and has a passion for process improvement.
- Data driven, detail-oriented and savvy with metrics and analytics. Can use data to tell a story and influence business decision making.
- An individual who builds relationships, is considered trustworthy, always ethical, balancing needs of our employees and the business.
- Experience managing sensitive employee relations matters with diplomacy, neutrality and objectivity.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge