Legal Counsel (Milan/Copenhagen) Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
We are seeking a qualified lawyer (3-8 years PQE) who is fluent in legal English language (strong ability in contractual drafting and bargaining) and, preferably, in Italian language to join our EMEA legal team.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for legal support in Italy and Denmark and will support our senior lawyers working on customer deals in the English in the EMEA region. There is also the possibility of assisting on M&A transactions on a global basis from time to time. Ideally we would like a lawyer with experience of working on technology transactions but we are particularly keen to find candidates who are passionate about technology, Cloud, big data, analytics and new emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things. Responsibilities
Experience and Requirements
- Providing transaction support for direct and indirect sales, working as an integrated and essential part of the business teams within the company's legal entities located in Italy and Denmark.
- Providing legal assistance to the wider EMEA legal team on transactions and projects from time to time.
- Assisting the legal team in EMEA-wide legal initiatives including supporting corporate functions such as marketing and HR and liaising with the global legal team on cross-jurisdictional projects, compliance and export matters.
- Involvement in the project management of roll-out and localization of EMEA-wide legal infrastructure (e.g. template contracts, drafting databases, training and playbooks) based on key business strategies of the above groups by the sales-supporting lawyers in the various EMEA countries.
- Supporting from time to time the EMEA General Counsel on M&A matters primarily in the US but also on a global basis.
- Becoming a trusted and integrated part of the EMEA legal team and the wider global legal team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required, practical knowledge in Italian language would be preferred.
- Very good knowledge of commercial contract law in the area of technology (hardware, software, services including consulting services).
- Solid experience (gained in-house) in drafting, negotiating and vetting commercial contracts that address complex/difficult issues, e.g. managed services and cloud contracts, general IT contracting, distribution and other partner contracts and product leasing.
- An understanding of software licensing/technology transfer and working knowledge of European intellectual property and competition laws.
- Some exposure to international trade aspects of product and services distribution (e.g. export compliance) SOX and anti-bribery/corruption laws (e.g. FCPA).
- Experience working with a global company or a major regional division of a global company.
- Ability to successfully manage several projects with simultaneous deadlines and to manage workload prioritization effectively.
- An understanding of the implications of legal judgments on our business objectives and the trade-offs between business requirements and risk.
- Ability to display analytical reasoning, creativity, conceptual ability, critical thinking and judgment.
- Ability to summarize issues succinctly and be flexible and pragmatic with advice. - always looking for a solution to a problem
- Ability to work collaboratively with legal and business colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Ability to foster good relationships within the business and with the broader global legal team.
- To be intellectually curious.
- To be a self-starter, able work independently and with a good degree of initiative.
- A desire to have an understanding of, and to be passionate about, Hitachi Vantara's products, services and business.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge