Hitachi Solutions Europe is a global Digital, Data and Technology consultancy, Microsoft Gold partner and Cloud Services partner, specialising in end-to-end transformation. We build services that are user centred and accessible, designed by our brilliant agile teams, capable of harnessing the power of the latest technologies.
Our capabilities include Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Azure including CRM, Application Modernisation, Modern Data Platform, Performance & Analytics, Fraud and Error, Grants, User Centred Design, Accessibility and Agile DevOps.Be part of our Hitachi family
We place value on collaboration, open communication, and transparency. We emphasise the importance of team spirit, cohesion, and appreciation - And through our talented people, innovative culture, and technical and business expertise, we deliver game changing outcomes every day. Our learning culture and flat hierarchy are our recipes for success. But don't take our word for it - Have a look at what our employees are saying: Hitachi Solutions: Recruiting the best talent and offering outstanding career opportunities (hitachi-solutions.co.uk)Diversity and Inclusion at Hitachi Solutions
Diversity is the wellspring of our innovation, and we believe that creativity is fuelled by inclusivity. Our collective success is achieved by fostering and respecting our employees' and customer's individualities coming together as One Team. Hitachi strives to create an environment not only where genders, races, cultures, sexual orientations, and identities can work together, but where the beliefs and views of those participating feel equally represented. You can read more about Hitachi's mission and values here: hitachi-solutions.co.ukWhat to expect, your benefits
Hitachi Solutions offers competitive compensation packages (incl. bonuses), pension and benefits plans. Work/Life balance is an essential part of our culture, and all our employees are home workers, although you will be expected to come into our or customer's offices regularly. We operate a comprehensive career development programme that includes mentoring and training plans to ensure that you will continue to grow and develop your career at Hitachi.Job Description
We are growing our public sector team
and looking for a Business Development Director (BDD)
to join us on our exciting journey and be part of the Hitachi Solutions family.Key Accountabilities
- Accountable to the Director Sales & Marketing for securing New Business orders. Accountable for the management of the commercial relationship with senior stakeholders until delivery complete.
- The Business Development Director will be accountable for achieving revenue generation through creation of leads and opportunities within the Public Sector, predominately Local & Central Government and Housing
- The Business Development Director will work with pre-sales and delivery staff to ensure tender responses are delivered to time, quality and budget.
- Creation of clients sales proposals
- Will exhibit behaviours reflected in Hitachi's missions, vision and values
- Securing the targeted volume of new orders within the business year.
- Building relationships with Microsoft sellers
- Devising marketing and other supporting plans to generate new opportunities.
- Execute assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with Hitachi Solution Europe Ltd's Quality Management Policy.
If you are interested and want to know more about this opportunity, apply directly and have a chat with us.Additional Information
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years in the Public Sector space
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with Sales, Presales, Delivery and Governance Functions, and end Customers
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Significant accountability for managing large scale business applications bids, across a range of industries
- Demonstrated experience of building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within both Hitachi and client organisations
- Solid understanding of Government contracting. Able to manage contract modifications and lead negotiations surrounding contract scope, cost, and schedule
- Strength in problem solving complex issues including customer delivery challenges
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle, issue and risk management and mitigation strategies
- Ability to drive action in the project lifecycle to ensure timely execution and successful business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and commitments
- Commercially aware
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)