Meet The Team
Enterprise Solution Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business intelligence solution using The Lumada Platform, including Pentaho. Members of the Enterprise Architecture Group provide going architectural guidance to customers and serve as a customer advocate to Services, Product Development, Support and to the executive staff. These individuals are customer and sales oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated business analytics and data integration solutions, serving as the technical project manager for complex implementations, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principal consultant with superior technical skills and the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationships.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Coordinates technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer's design, integration and development plans.
- Coordinates review meetings with Pentaho's senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho's product roadmap, release schedules and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications.
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues, acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho's Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations.
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support, and optimization of customer's implementation of Pentaho products.
- Mentors' customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho technologies and best practices.
- Coordinates delivery of any onsite consulting / training services that customer has purchased.
- Develops sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho product's advanced functionality and APIs.
- Identifies and develops internally and externally facing best practices.
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other architects.
- 7-10 years' experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling.
- 7-10 years' experience working with web and database application development tools, standards and languages including SQL, MDX, XML, and HTML.
- 5-7 years' experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL), security architectures (Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing).
- 3-5 years' experience performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with SaaS/multi-tenancy, benchmarking, and performance tuning expertise
- Familiarity with Java software development, enterprise software architectures, agile methodologies, and no-SQL and big data are a strong plus.
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to support multiple customers with minimal supervision.
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues.
- Ability to explain Pentaho products, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences.
- Familiarity with commercial open-source business and licensing models.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior ISV consulting, software development, and\or pre-sales experience
- A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required.
- Desire master's degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
- Desire Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, German) a plus
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge