Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Smart Spaces and Video Intelligence (SSVI) team is looking for an experienced Solution Architect, who will work with sales, internal systems engineers, partners, vendors and industry experts, product management, other consultants to devise state of the art technical solutions to complex public safety, smart city and video surveillance systems requirements.
SSVI is a tight knit team representing Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across multiple industries,
establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value
Our application offers Intelligence to help complexity into simplicity and insights into actions, smart spaces solution from Hitachi, to make smart space more responsive, predictive, and automated, an end- to-end intelligence solution. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Responsibilities
- Direct the business capture team for creation of comprehensive response to complex requests for proposals, quotes, and qualifications
- Work with internal systems engineers, partners, vendors and industry experts, product management, A&E consultants to devise state of the art technical solutions to complex public safety, smart city and video surveillance systems requirements
- Create, maintain, and improve upon standard response templates for use throughout the organization and on subsequent proposals
- Work with Hitachi sales, engineering and delivery teams to perform site surveys and respond to requests for proposal/quote
- Develop work breakdown structures (WBS) and system bill of materials (BOM) for proposed solutions
- Manage library of responses and work with sales administration for completion of customer business requirements forms and submittals
- Work with R&D and technology partners to test and validate conceptual designs being proposed
- Perform knowledge transfers to technical project leads and program management
- Work with business development to deliver oral presentations to customers for solutions being proposed
- Gather feedback from field and systems engineers on application of systems and possible modifications to improve upon system performance well as reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Willing to travel 35-50% of your time to customer sites, trade shows, partner events, etc.
- Flexible to manage your schedule to support different time zones
- S. Information Technology or Computer Science or related field required
- S. or M.B.A. preferred
- 15 plus years experience managing designing and/or engineering complex IT related solutions
- 10 plus years experience working in technical fields to include video surveillance systems
- Knowledge of data block and object storage and high availability and redundancy required
- Knowledge of virtualization and experience with operating systems like Windows (workstation and server), Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat, MAC)
- Strong knowledge of Wireless and networking is required
- Knowledge on visual spectrum cameras (fixed, PTZ), thermal radiometric cameras, LiDAR sensors and radar technologies
- Deep understanding of public safety and smart city systems design
- Knowledge on video management systems and real-time video analytics for public safety, operational and industrial cases
- Strong leadership, communications, presentation, and organizational skills
- Full professional proficiency of read, written, and spoken English.
- Basic concepts of programming and scripting on Python, NodeRed, Node JS, Java, SQL, HTML, C#, C++ and others would be a plus.
- Basic understanding of Computer Vision concepts
- Experience with utilities would be a plus
- Experience with IoT, Sensor and Telecommunications technology a plus.
- Experience with Access Control, Biometrics technology a plus.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge