We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. The Team
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role
The Data Engineer is responsible for services delivery of data engineering solutions for cloud storage systems across Hitachi Vantara Federals' (HVF) customers. This responsibility includes developing large and creative solutions, delivery of new services and working with Data Scientists to create innovative solutions. Specifically, candidates for this position should have experience performing a delivery though the entire software development lifecycle and integrate the solutions into customer's production environments.What you will be doing
The Data Engineer will be the technical resource responsible for ensuring the technical success of the professional services delivery. This may require a combination of coordinating with project managers and peer engineers, design and planning efforts, troubleshooting, escalation management, and hands-on delivery. The Data Engineer will work closely with the project manager to ensure project status is communicated, a plan is in place, and progress is being made to project closure. This role will include review and executing against project definition documents, completing and updating delivery checklists and pre-engagement checklists and creating and modifying customer facing deliverable solution documentation
The Data Engineer will be self motivated to drive their own continuous learning journey to enable delivery of new services and products. The Data Engineer may be the first to deliver new services in the field. The Data Engineer will expand new offerings and be available to help grow knowledge of the development team. The employer maintains an active lab and test environments, exceptional training and dedicated support of Senior Data Scientists.
• Provide technical delivery for assigned engagements and drive customer satisfaction.
• Ensure the technical success of professional services engagements by engaging peers, leading design discussions, troubleshooting, and delivering as needed.
• Articulate the overall services solution and subsequent service delivery plan to implement the solution to the customer in terms the customer understands.
• Work with the project manager to provide regular communication to all stakeholders about the status of professional services engagements.
• Exceed our customer expectations for services delivery quality, competence, and professionalism.
• Develop and test Java software plugins and integration modules for HCP family of products
• Develop and test components using TCP/IP, ODBC/JDBC/SQL, HTTP/REST, XML, JSON
• Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
• Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
• Mentor and advise junior team members
• Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
• Support consultants, partners, and the open source communityWhat you bring to the team
- Must currently possess a TS clearance
- 100% Remote work environment
- Flexible work environment to achieve work/life balance
- Extensive training resources
- Demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Java development for API based solutions
- Enterprise object storage solutions (e.g., S3, HCP, MinIO)
- Data Analytics solution development
- Scripting for operational automation needs
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing data-driven applications for enterprise environments
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
- Experience writing, extending and maintaining Java programs
- Web service technologies (e.g., REST)
- Development and management of Linux based OSs
- XML and JSON
- Configuration management tools such as Git
- Build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Software development best practices and design patterns
- Jira and an Agile software development frameworks
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Experience with Hitachi Content Intelligence (HCI) or Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) a strong plus
- Create internal and customer facing documentation using Microsoft Office product suite.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills, including customer/business presentation skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to support operation needs
- Security+ Certification or comparable (must currently posses or obtained within first 30 days of employment, training and testing supported by the employer)
As part of our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Hitachi Vantara Federal requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements under applicable federal, state, and local law. If you have any questions about this policy or require an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, please contact Jennifer Shelton, Director Human Resources.Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality.
Hitachi Vantara Federal is committed to building a strong, inclusive culture that embraces diversity in our business. We will foster a sense of belonging by:
• Recruiting, retaining, developing, and mentoring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
• Listening and providing opportunities for feedback to create an environment that values employees' perspectives and unique experiences.
• Striving to hold ourselves accountable as an organization, as individuals, and as leaders to learn, grow and continue to evolve our DEI strategy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.