Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
Hitachi Vantara Product Support group is responsible for Service Product Lifecycle Management for the global services organizations. The team increases customer satisfaction, reduces service costs, and eases the complexity of support by focusing on product/solution serviceability, reliability and availability.
A successful Product Support Manager is a trusted leader who blends technical product knowledge with strong business acumen to achieve successful outcomes for HV and our customers. A dynamic personality is required in order to effectively champion product quality and serviceability within the various Hitachi divisions and organizations.
The Product Support Manager for Content Solutions is primarily responsible for the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) and HCP Anywhere products. Other products or programs may be assigned as necessary to help the organization meet its goals and objectives. Responsibilities
- Interface with all levels of Hitachi organizations including services, support, engineering, product management, and sales. Manage assigned products/ solutions from a service perspective:
- Develop support processes, procedures, and workflow
- Monitor product health and manage strategic quality issues
- Work with Engineering to manage software and patch releases for HDS service organizations
- Oversee the authoring and publishing of product/solution bulletins, alerts and other service communications
- Manage field change notifications and remediation/replacement programs
- Manage vendor support relationships within assigned products/solutions
- Meet regularly with support teams to gather feedback and requirements
- Develop programs and support strategies to reduce the cost of support, improve serviceability, or increase customer satisfaction
- Participate in product status and strategy meetings. Represent and champion the needs of customers and HDS service organizations
- Develop End of Life / End of Support policies and notifications
- Manage and approve extended service contracts, trade-in programs and custom service arrangements
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years supporting complex products/solutions (technical support, sustaining engineering, technical pre-sales, technical product management, etc.)
- Prior experience supporting Enterprise hardware or software solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with LINUX/UNIX/Windows software, file systems and networking is a plus
- Experience with Project, Product, or Program Management
- Knowledge of SDLC lifecycle management and procedures, solid understanding of general business management
- Knowledge of testing and QA processes, release management
- Excellent people skills, demonstrated leadership without direct authority
- Experience dealing with global business cultures a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to influence all levels of management and executives
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems, general database or scripting language skills is a plus
- The candidate must possess the ability to lead multiple on-going critical activities, manage projects within tight timeframes, and be able to work independently in addition to contributing as part of a larger team
- Ability to travel 10% of the time, including international (once a year).
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge