*US residency and working authorization required Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara globally to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver not only hybrid cloud solutions, but also drive business outcomes for our customers. Our team consists of a group of high performers who collaborate globally as a team cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value across multiple industries, and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition across multiple levels of our customers organizations. What you'll be doing
As the Enterprise Architect, you will be a quota carrying IT architectural engineer who assists in the sales process of Hitachi cloud solutions in a XaaS consumption-based business model. Develop, design, and effectively present viable Hybrid Cloud architectural models, using cross-portfolio solutions and third-party offerings (as applicable) based on meeting customer's required performance and business outcomes. Hitachi Vantara's goal is to provide hybrid cloud solutions designed to deliver business outcomes. Responsible, as subject matter expert, to engage, understand, qualify, propose, and lead the successful closure of identified hybrid cloud opportunities, through developing a core understanding of our customers' unique business needs. Build and maintain an expert working knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions and Hybrid Cloud services portfolio from know what we sell to how we deliver business outcomes to our customers. What you bring to the team
Education And Experience Required
- Act as a trusted advisor, up to date with industry and IT trends such as Hybrid Cloud, capable of building valuable solutions that meet customers' business needs in line with Hitachi Vantara's value proposition.
- Act as an industry subject matter expert in overall enterprise architecture strategies and topologies.
- Develop and maintain connections with internal and external industry experts to grow and leverage industry knowledge to identify and provide solutions to the challenges Hitachi Vantara's customers face.
- Advocate for Hitachi Vantara at industry and technical events, positioning us as a leader in hybrid cloud solutions.
- Generate awareness via event attendance, conference speaking engagements, published articles and whitepapers
- Knowledge of combinations of public cloud (hyperscalers), near cloud, core, and edge IT technologies, thought leadership in the evolution of enterprise architecture, with the communication skills necessary to convey our value proposition across all levels of an organization including at the C-Suite level.
- Preferred knowledge of working with the VMware stack including TANZU and VMC, and/or other Container technologies such as OpenShift or Google Anthos and Kubernetes.
- Assist the account team with Request of Quotation (RFQs (REQUEST FOR QUOTATION)), Request for Information (RFIs (Request for Information)) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) review, analysis, consulting, and response.
- Work with customers to define RACI (Responsible/Accountable/Consult/Inform) and write Statement of Work.
- Extensive experience in managed services solutioning, pre-sales, strategy, delivery, or functional equivalent.
- Ability to identify opportunities through knowledge of pain points and relative solutions.
- Previous relationships within the industry preferred, however the ability to adeptly identify who key decision makers are, influence the sales cycle, and position Hitachi Vantara as the trusted advisor to the customer is crucial.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent IT industry experience designing complex IT solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in customer-facing roles in managed services solutioning, data center, hybrid cloud or aaS technologies.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to liaise with C-suite level decision makers.
- Technical expertise in public and private cloud, cloud engineering and designing complex IT solutions.
- Must be conversant in Global Service-related topics, methodologies, industry trends, and core technologies.
- Strong technical and functional understanding of public and private cloud.
- TOGAF or similar certification in enterprise architecture frameworks.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what is next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge