Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
This position will work as a member of the Software Engineering team to develop and maintain parts of the Lumada software suite.
Qualified individuals must have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, and some background in distributed computing, large scale data processing, performance tuning and user interface design. The successful candidate will work with architects, product management, usability, quality and documentation. Responsibilities
- Develop and test Java software components and classes as part of the Engineering Team using the Scrum development process
- Assist the technical support team in the isolation and resolution of customer issues
- Author developer documentation and participate in the development of end-user documentation
- Mentor and advise junior team members
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the project team
- Support consultants, partners, and the open source community
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relations databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following core technologies:
- 5+ Years experience in Java Object Oriented Software Development
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases and architecture
- Experience with scalability analysis and performance monitoring and measuring techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded / multi-user server-side software development
- Experience with web service technologies (REST, JAX-WS, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Unix/Linux
- Experience with software development best practices and design patterns
- Experience with build related tools such as Ant, Ivy, and/or Maven
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit and Mockito
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Skilled in navigating the dynamics of working as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
- Health plan (extendable to spouses/child's)
- Annual bonus
- Mobile phone and communication plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Flexible schedules
- Open source development
- Informal and relaxed work environment
- Lots of growth opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.