- Provides leadership, direction and supervision over activities in the following areas: maintenance, inspection, cleaning and repair of passenger vehicle and related equipment.
- Maintains oversight of Preventive/Predictive Maintenance and condition based Maintenance (CBM) procedures by developing engineering type solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance related problems.
- Evaluates, develops, and manages preventive, corrective and overhaul programs for all passenger vehicles as well as work and support equipment. Provides recommendations and assists in the development of corrective actions to be taken to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies training needs for all personnel & ensures that responsible personnel are trained in the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Program of all systems in Rolling stock and also effective implementation of contingency plans in the event of an emergency.
- Analyze fault histories to identify specific repetitive failures, and create a plan to address these failures.
- Prepares and presents oral and/or written reports/recommendations to the O&M Management, as directed by the Maintenance Manager prepares periodic reports to determine possible problem, trends or other items of concern to be brought to the Management attention.
- Manages the resources assigned to the Office in order to optimize utilization of all resources, including personnel and non-personnel.
- Maintains a required level of technical knowledge to oversee and contribute to the resolution of complex problems with system, materials and identifying alternative solution as well.
- Coordination with other system supervisor’s in solving a complex and repetitive failures.
- Liaise and supervise relevant sub-supplier’s staff.
- Perform related duties as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
Skills / Experiences
- Seven (7) years of (full-time equivalent) verifiable experience in the analysis of preventative maintenance system and equipment operational performance and reliability of rolling stock.
- Experience with Passenger Vehicle maintenance and knowledge of Passenger vehicle maintenance plans
- Root Cause Analysis processes and problem solving techniques.
- Principles and practices of statistical record keeping and reporting.
- Preparing a variety of technical and analytical reports.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain the highest efficiency from assigned staffing.
A Bachelor's degree in engineering, or closely related field from an accredited college or university