Job ID: R0010294
Date Posted: Aug 13, 2022
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS USA, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Materials Manager in Miami FL who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Meet materials requirements, manage material flow, and to plan and prevent warehouse shortages and stock outs while managing and minimizing inventory investment.
• Strategically manage warehouse inventory and operations in compliance with company’s policies and updated global procedures.
• Leads and Supervises Annual Physical Inventory and Cycle Counting processes to ensure compliance and inventory accuracy is continually improving to exceed financial and accounting goals. Provide analysis of root cause of errors and initiate corrective action.
• Plan, organize, and control all activities connected with the movement of materials into and out of Hitachi ERP system (SAP) in coordination with warehouse supervisor and team leaders.
• Oversees the procurement process of materials and establishment of delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material. Ensures the placed orders are delivered on time.
• Oversee logistics and inventory & distribution of maintenance & assembly operations.
• Assist in setting up a materials handling layout to ensure efficient space utilization and smooth assembly activities.
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
• Cooperate with recruiting, selecting, orientation, coaching and motivating employees for the inventory control.
• Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, inventory report etc.)
• Monitor inventory levels and provide timely information to Supply Chain department of inventory deficiencies.
• Provide support to the Accounting department on Goods Received and closure of discrepancies related to material discrepancies.
• Establish methods for review and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory in distribution sites as well as manufacturing plants.
• Provide analysis and metrics and work with manufacturing and purchasing departments to drive improvements in lot sizes and lead times for all materials supplied internally and externally.
• Directs transfer of materials to meet production schedules and shipping schedules.
• Must be proficient in Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software (SAP).
• Must be proficient in MSWord and Excel.
• Minimum (3+) years of experience in Material Management, Production Planning experience, Purchasing and/or Scheduling.
• Minimum (5+) years in a team supervisory/leadership role including hiring, training, performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
• Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully bi-lingual (English & Spanish)
• Ability to work under continuous pressure.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients.
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
This position works in a warehouse/production environment. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.