As a Controls Engineering Technician, you will work with some of the most talented engineers in the automation industry. This role will enable you to further develop your controls design & programming experience. The innovative solutions we work on offer diverse experiences that will strengthen your skills and challenge your abilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot wiring, pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- Perform basic programming.
- Diagnose & repair robot operational and process problems
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain control devices, mechanical units, transfer devices and peripheral equipment.
- Assist with documentation, machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with the appropriate build and electrical teams.
Note: This list of responsibilities is not inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- Associates degree
- 2+ years of related experience
Skills You’ll Have:
- Experience with control systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages.
- Basic proficiency in CAD (i.e. SolidWorks).
- Ability to understand electrical/pneumatic schematic drawings.
- Travel up to 25% to customer sites & other JR locations
- Influence peers through team interactions.
- Contribute to success of group projects.
- Covid-19 Disclaimer: The health & safety of everyone at JR Automation is critical to our success. As an essential employee, you will work onsite at one of our facilities and follow the policies & practices in the JR Automation Covid-19 Safe Work Playbook. Social distancing, mask-wearing, and capacity limits are a few of the strategies we utilize.