Vulnerability Management Analyst Meet our Team
We are the Hitachi Vantara Enterprise Information Security (EIS) team, and we are passionate advocates of information security! EIS has the primary responsibility for safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, systems, and information in the enterprise. We ensure that corporate systems are secure, and we make sure that products that we deliver to customers are free of security flaws and vulnerabilities. We are out-of-the-box thinkers, innovators, and team players. We constantly seek new and better ways of doing things. We need highly motivated individuals to join our dynamic team who have positive attitudes and want to be part of something special. We strive for nothing less than the very best information security program! What you'll be doing
• Experience in Qualys modules like VM, PC, WAS, Cloud Agent, Container Security.
• Working experience on configuring the vulnerability management tool including scanners, cloud agents, scanning profiles, policy compliance templates, scanning schedules etc.
• Analyse, Interpret, and prioritize vulnerability scan results into remediation actions.
• Experience in working and removing false positive vulnerabilities.
• Experience in handling end to end vulnerability remediation tracking process, which includes coordination with different stakeholders.
• Coordination with relevant stakeholders until closure of zero-day vulnerabilities.
• Well versed with exception management process; coordinate with business stakeholders to mark vulnerabilities as exception which cannot be remediated due to business reasons.
• Good understanding of information security related fields, including security implementation, security operations, and security policy and technology administration
• Collaborate with the other leaders of EIS including product security and operations/engineering
• Understanding on Networking Concepts like Subnets, VLAN, OSI Model, Routers, Switches and Firewall.
• Experience on Public Cloud of Azure, AWS and GCP What you bring to the team
• Minimum 5 years of security engineering experience including a fair degree of security and compliance technical knowledge
• Experience with Vulnerability Management Process.
• In depth knowledge of threat model, network security, cryptography, authentication and authorization.
• Experience with implementing common security frameworks and controls.
• Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening) strategies.
• Strong understanding of risk management and information security theory and practical application.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with expertise and ingenuity.
• Able to communicate risks and recommendations to Senior Leadership and management.
• Demonstrate leadership, including the ability to influence all levels of management towards a common goal
• Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation skills and ability to quickly discern differing points of view versus derailing points of view
• Strong/expert level understanding of trends in the industry for information security policy, audit, compliance, and risk management
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge