For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen
Should be a team player and should possess very good inter-personal skills.
• Working knowledge of Operating Systems Windows and various flavour of Unix Solaris, AIX, HP Unix etc.
• Experience implementing ITIL and or operational best practices
• Experience in team management and assembling teams to perform services engagements.
• Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep people (often, peers) on task
• Identify key deliverables, anticipate risks, handle trade-offs and can make decisions while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Ability to anticipate and head-off potential project delays (shifting business priorities, technical hurdles, project approvals from stakeholders, etc.)
• Experience working in a matrixed environment
• In depth technical knowledge and hands on experience of Hitachi storage products VSP G & F Series, functionality of SVOS, replication products and sound technical knowledge to implement Brocade and Cisco SAN Switches , Software products HDID, HAD, Ops center .
• Handon experience and in depth knowledge of data protection technologies Hitachi Shadow copy, Thin image, Copy on write snap, True copy, Universal replicator, 3DC UR , Global active device , HDID , RAID Manager.
• Hands on experience of migration methodologies True copy, GAD, replication, Universal volume manager, Hitachi Tier Storage manager, Shadow Copy.
• Deep involvement in the planning and execution of the migration plans to migrate and/or decommission application instances and servers in scope without disruption to business groups.
• Knowledge of various operating system and Data base migration tools.
• Automation of various tasks of migrations to improve efficiency and saving cost.
• Analysing the method of transforming existing data into a format for the new environment and the loading of this data into new environment.
• Reviewing existing migration tools and providing recommendations for improving performance of the migration process.
• Experience in working with IBM /EMC and Netapp storages would be an added advantage.
• B.E/B.Tech/MSc. With min 6-10 years' experience in migrations .
• Industry wide certification from OEM
• Should possess very good written & verbal communication skills along with impactful presentation skills.