NOTE: As a "Hybrid Remote" role, the position will require you to work onsite an average of two to three days per week and would require relocation for non-local candidates.
As a Buyer with our Aftermarket Division, you will be responsible for purchasing spare parts related to repair or retrofit projects. In this role you will interact with vendors to ensure quality on time delivery and negotiate/manage terms. Your ability to build and maintain supplier relationships will contribute to success.
What You’ll Do:
- Purchasing of spare parts from project bills of material for aftermarket sales to our customers in a manner that is consistent with Supply Chain Management and JR corporate strategy.
- Communicates with internal personnel regarding the timing of material delivery, payment terms, and product discrepancies.
- Assists with expediting the material when necessary.
- Enter purchase orders into purchasing system(s) as needed. Ensures proper documentation of supplier and purchasing related material, both paper, digital, and in Ops Manager and Baan and any other tools as required by JR.
- Assists with correcting discrepant supplier invoices and packing slips when necessary.
- Interacts with suppliers, team members, and internal customers in a manner that is distinguished by a high level of professionalism and ethics.
- Works to help achieve departmental and business unit goals, with a strong emphasis on working capital management, supplier on-time delivery, and material cost savings and avoidance.
- Assists in maintaining positive supplier relationships.
- Negotiating pricing, payment terms, delivery, and other items as necessary with suppliers.
- Mentor Associate Buyers to ensure they are following other JR processes and procedures.
- Work closely with Commodity/Strategic Purchasing Team to ensure each business unit is achieving the best possible value available from the supply base.
- Work with Supply Chain Management team members from other business units to ensure common processes, procedures, and best practices are shared and implemented as appropriate.
- Any other work as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager from time to time.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred.
- 4+ more years in a business environment including 2 years of purchasing experience preferred.
- Experience with RFQs and vendor, supplier or customer relationship management.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Skills You’ll Have
- Proficient in MS Office.
- SAP or other ERP system experience preferred.
- Proven strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,200 employees at 27 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Come think, solve, and create with us!