Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATIONS TEAM
This position in our company is housed in our New Product Development team formed in 2021. Joining this team represents an opportunity to fast-track your career and to work with a team of fun and nerdy colleagues in a disruptive startup atmosphere: focused on hypergrowth, moving quickly, and making mistakes in the furtherance of innovation and sound engineering.
Armed with an existing book of business, and a stable financial parent - it is the goal of this group to transform our company into a billion-dollar product company, by focusing on engineering excellence and making the cloud easier for our customersJob DescriptionSITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Hitachi is seeking SRE's at multiple levels. Candidates will be evaluated based on merit.
This is a full-time role in our product organization for an expert in systems design with considerable skill and expertise in large software development. Designs and implements Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tooling using GitHub Actions / Azure DevOps, and related technologies. This includes defining and implementing: build and test pipelines for containerized architectures, infrastructure as code (IaC) for the stateful deployment of environments, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), linting and other code quality controls, gitops and kubernetes pipelines, and managing SaaS deployment APIs.
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, engineering, development, planning and administration of Azure Kubernetes AKS clusters for a set of critical business applications. This role will work closely with application, engineering, security and operations teams to engineer and build Kubernetes and Azure PaaS & IaaS solutions within an agile and modern enterprise grade operating model. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, and/or have robust domain expertise. QualificationsTechnologies (all optional; we are seeking a blend of skills)
Practices, Principles, Techniques
- Experience with containerized architectures, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as Flux or Argo CD
- Python (scripting and/or application development)
- Infrastructure as Code (ARM, Terraform, or similar)
- Strong Cloud Knowledge (Azure Preferred)
- Logging frameworks (Azure Monitor, Splunk, Elastic, or similar)
- Telemetry Collection (Prometheus, Application Insights, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Azure Monitor Application Insights, Sentry.io, Dynatrace, New Relic, Naggios, Zabbix)
- Azure DevOps (pipelines and releases) or Github Actions (Yaml build pipelines)
- Prior experience with large Jenkins or similar CI/CD technology is also acceptable.
- Complete command of source control (git), including branching strategies and policies
- Excellent command of GNU bash
- Experience with database deployment pipelines (i.e. dacpac's or similar technology)
- Experience with networking and security elements (VNets, Peering, Firewalls, NAT, etc.)
- Once or more unit testing (examples: Unitest, MS Test, Nunit) and mocking frameworks (examples:, RhinoMocks, Moq, Nsubstitute)
- (Bonus) Experience deploying Azure and/or Spark data components (Data Factory, Airflow, Data Lake (ACLs), Synapse)
- (Bonus) Experience in SSO (single sign-on), and federated security
- (Bonus) Experience with MLFlow and other MLOps pipeline technology
EXAMS / CERTIFICATIONS: (OPTIONAL)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Instrumentation strategy and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Release Communication and Collaboration
- Security and Compliance
- TDD (Test Driven Development, especially with respect to CI/CD and DevOps)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert
- CKAD and/or CKA certifications
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.#LI-BA1#REMOTE